Accessory cord/cable management advice?

I'm wasting a fortune on accessories, from earbuds to gaming mice, because I'm hard on the cables/cords due to how my set-up is arranged. I'm looking at buying some cable protection like these: https://www.amazon.com/KABIOU-Charger-Protector-Earphone-Sleeve-55inch/dp/B07PFNZ1KS for my sensei mice, both of which are fraying at the mouse. My earbuds frequently die as well due to the cord going bad, usually the left side goes out. Anyone have any external cord management advice?

Reactions: Brian Boru
My earbuds frequently die as well due to the cord going bad, usually the left side goes out. Anyone have any external cord management advice?
earbuds are cheap crap though... I mean, I used them for 30 years so I should know. Should look at IEM as they actually can have removable cables, meaning if it dies, just get another cable. NO need to buy a new one if cable dies.

s8QABiw.jpeg

You can get IEM for as little as $20 and most have much better cables, and almost all are dettachable. If I had known about IEM, I wouldn't have used earbuds for so long. That cable even has dettachable connectors so I have 4 to choose from, depending what connection I need.

Some even have usb connectors now.

Most IEM brands aren't the names you would know... I mean, Sony make some but they silly expensive.
Most are Chinese brands and there are good headphones out there, its just not always easy to work out what the best ones are. I have collected a few links to some that I might look at in the future.

Its not a new idea:

Other choice is wireless. I have avoided cables on my PC now by having wireless KB/Mouse/X Box controller/Headphones...

there are wireless earbuds as well, but I find they more concerned with Noise Cancellation than sound. Watch review, tiny bit about sound, almost entire review about everything else. If it doesn't sound good, who cares?

Last edited:
earbuds are cheap crap though... I mean, I used them for 30 years so I should know. Should look at IEM as they actually can have removable cables, meaning if it dies, just get another cable. NO need to buy a new one if cable dies.

s8QABiw.jpeg

You can get IEM for as little as $20 and most have much better cables, and almost all are dettachable. If I had known about IEM, I wouldn't have used earbuds for so long. That cable even has dettachable connectors so I have 4 to choose from, depending what connection I need.

Some even have usb connectors now.

Most IEM brands aren't the names you would know... I mean, Sony make some but they silly expensive.
Most are Chinese brands and there are good headphones out there, its just not always easy to work out what the best ones are. I have collected a few links to some that I might look at in the future.

Its not a new idea:

Other choice is wireless. I have avoided cables on my PC now by having wireless KB/Mouse/X Box controller/Headphones...

there are wireless earbuds as well, but I find they more concerned with Noise Cancellation than sound. Watch review, tiny bit about sound, almost entire review about everything else. If it doesn't sound good, who cares?
I'm using IEMs. The cables are still crap, and I hate wireless. :) But I got my cable protectors today, so hopefully they'll last longer (the cables, not the earbuds/iems)

Last edited:
buy better iem then. Some brands have better cables than others.

Or just buy a better cable.

I find dunu have good cables and IEM, might not be cheap.

seems odd its the same side each time. Its been a few years since a pair of my headphones died, though I can remember the day well. I think I swapped to wireless after that and only just came back recently.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts