4+ gaming PC NEED HELP

Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
Hello!

I need serious help. I've had a pretty nice gaming setup for the past 4 years and the performance is slowing down. I know it isnt shocking, but I'd like to ask you all how I could learn which of my parts is lacking. I'm not sure how to exactly identify what is making me lose performance. I can provide my system stats and everything. Please point me in the direction! A general gist of what I have:

RAM: DDR4 2x16gb
1TB SSD 980 Pro / 2TB HDD (the SSD was solely in use the past 4 years)
LGA 1151 Motherboard / 650W PSU
GEFORCE RTX 2070 Super
i9-9900k 8C/16T

Thanks for your help

Hello!

I need serious help. I've had a pretty nice gaming setup for the past 4 years and the performance is slowing down. I know it isnt shocking, but I'd like to ask you all how I could learn which of my parts is lacking. I'm not sure how to exactly identify what is making me lose performance. I can provide my system stats and everything. Please point me in the direction! A general gist of what I have:

RAM: DDR4 2x16gb
1TB SSD 980 Pro / 2TB HDD (the SSD was solely in use the past 4 years)
LGA 1151 Motherboard / 650W PSU
GEFORCE RTX 2070 Super
i9-9900k 8C/16T

Thanks for your help
The graphics card + power supply is the only foreseeable upgrade path for that socket.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
The graphics card + power supply is the only foreseeable upgrade path for that socket.
Okay I could see that. I came to that realization earlier when I took apart another PC trying to use some parts from that for mine. So I could either upgrade the GPU, or SLI it. Would the power supply be a noticeable upgrade? Say from 650 -> 800?

TRENDING THREADS