YouTube/Twitch

Howdy,

Given that reviews now tend to be done 90% of the time as a video and often game play reveals, guides and general gaming seem to have a huge following in the "video" section of life.

Are there any specific Channels, Gamers, Competitive Leagues or Twitch streamers you follow and for what reason?

Reactions: Lutfij and Frindis
I can guess this threads going to get some interesting replies...

that will be missing info like links...

i follow this guy for reviews - https://www.youtube.com/c/WorthABuyreviews
I should follow this guy for reviews of the worst MMO - https://www.youtube.com/c/JoshStrifeHayes
I followed TotalBiscuit but thats a long time ago... my subscriptions on Youtube seem to mostly be not moving anymore. Its probably why I can't find anything to watch anymore.

Last edited:
Twitch/YouTube (Narrowing down my 600+ subs)

Asmonbald - A Funny guy with a lot of interviews with developers and other streamers, not to mention reaction videos to just about anything. He got a lot of good perspectives on games, with the whole Diablo Immortal controversy being the recent one he has talked about. Often talks about FFXIV, WoW, and Lost Ark to mention some games.

Moistcr1tikal/penguinz0 - Often plays obscure games, like his latest endeavor playing as a drug dealer. A sarcastic/witty guy with also a lot of good views on things.

Summit1G - Old school guy which I follow from time to time whenever he plays Arma 3, Dayz, or similar survival games. One of the more chill guys on Twitch though he can get quite competitive.

TheRunningManZ - Follow for DayZ content. Cool guy and very skilled in the game. Recently killed 5-6 people within minutes at a military base. Doing something like that in DayZ is VERY hard, so he got some awesome situational awareness, not to mention knowledge of the map.

BobRoss - It's not a gaming channel, but he has to be mentioned. One of the channels I visit whenever I need some Ross in my life and happy little trees.

VaatiVidya- Whenever he got some Soulborne Game art contest going on or just to learn more about the lore in those games. When I finish Elden Ring, I'll be watching all of his Elden Ring stuff.

FightinCowboy/Sunlightblade- For Soulborne Game PvP duels/Kills.

Willjum- Experienced solo player and one I find fun to watch. Very chill guy and got some nice base-building skills also, so I try to grab some tips/tricks on the way.

Slope's Game Room - Cool guy who talks about failed Kickstarters. Some are just hilariously bad and amazing what people buy into.

HappyConsoleGamer - Old-school guy who loves anything nostalgia gaming-wise. He does some really cool Christmas specials with his friends and overall is just a fun guy to watch.

MetalJesusRocks - Another old-school guy. Does a lot of game pickups and is always nice to bump into once in a while.

LGR - Old games, computers, and mail unboxings with a lot of cool stuff. This guy is retro all the way and is a lot of fun to watch.

Path of Matth - Whenever I play PoE and need my brain to implode from too much information. Very knowledgeable guy.

KYRIAKOS KAPAKOULAK- Just as with BobRoss, you need at times some Bloat Lord and Saviour also in your life.

Garand Thumb - He plays games with his guns? Anyways, you need him in your life also. The guy is kickass!

Twitch Drops Campaigns - When I need drops from games I follow. Games like Rust, PUBG, ESO, Lost Ark, etc.

MrMattyPlays - Mostly watching for Xbox/Bethesda news.

Linus Tech Tips - Whenever Anthony is speaking. Love that guy!

@Lutfij Ahh, the forbidden name.

@Colif It is his other alias
jQn86Z7.png

Zloth

Community Contributor
Given that reviews now tend to be done 90% of the time as a video...
That's clearly wrong. As a random example, Persona 4 Golden has about 49 thousand written reviews on Steam. [/quote]

Are there any specific Channels, Gamers, Competitive Leagues or Twitch streamers you follow and for what reason?
Nope. The only sub I have is Egosoft, and I don't really even know what that subscription does. Maybe it's sending emails from YouTube that get tossed into a spam folder or something? <shrug> Whatever.

P.S. The spam potential for this topic.... wow.

That's clearly wrong. As a random example, Persona 4 Golden has about 49 thousand written reviews on Steam.

Nope. The only sub I have is Egosoft, and I don't really even know what that subscription does. Maybe it's sending emails from YouTube that get tossed into a spam folder or something? <shrug> Whatever.

P.S. The spam potential for this topic.... wow.

You seem to have some sort of issue here.. I am not entirely sure what it is, if there is an issue with the topic you didn't have to read or even reply to it.

And if the issue is with me and the way I have phrased something in my opening statement, then I clearly hope you feel better to disagree with something that wasn't started as a debate or a disagreement of statistics.

I was merely curious as to what channels and people follow in the gaming world.

i don't really follow any particular youtubers/twitch streams for reviews for the latest games as it can verge on spoiler territory but that said there are a couple i do watch. namely gmanlives and mandaloregaming .but i mostly look at their retrospectives which are in-depth or entertaining. Speaking of retrospectives i watch that more, namely Civie11, accursed farms, nerdslayer, karl jobsts speed running news.

Josh strife hayes for MMOs but i don't really play MMOs but its entertaining and makes some insightful and informative discussions.

i also watch slopes games room for retrospectives, retro and of course kickstater stories.

finally for my retro longplay kicks: world of long plays, AL82 Retrogaming Longplays and arronmunroe .

There are a couple more but those stand out.

The spam potential for this topic.... wow
You said it Bro! Henry, don't be surprised if/when this topic gets locked, there's only so much trash us binmen can carry in a day :D

reviews now tend to be done 90% of the time as a video and often game play reveals
Uh, no, they're a quite small part of the overall game appraisal scene, the vast majority of which is still written.

I have a few YT gaming subs:

AI and Games for AI design.
Christopher Tin for game music.
Clockner for super stealth play—has been dormant recently.
Digital Foundry for expert game tech analysis.
Flow Groover for FarCrysis mod.
Frag Maniac for Ghost Recon Wildlands.
Frank Klepacki for game music.
Gameranx for enjoyable fluff and the occasional 'Before You Buy'.
GmanLives for shooters.
GVMERS for commentary.
Miracle of Sound for game music.
No Strings Prd for occasional short C&C & other RTS.
Nyerguds for C&C.
Perafilozof for strategy, management and simulation.
PotatoMcWhiskey for Civ & 4X.
Razbuten for game design & gen commentary.
RepublicOfPlay for strategy.
RTS GAMES for daily C&C.
Sampstra Games for small indie strategy.
Stealth Rift for super stealth play.
StealthGamerBR for super stealth play.
Sven van der Plank for C&C.
The CNC Channel for C&C—has been dormant recently.
The Leaderboard for documentaries.
THE ZOD for RTS.
Upper Echelon Gamers for interesting commentary.
Zade for RTS.

• Haha
Reactions: Frindis and Lutfij
I prefer his version with Foo Fighters

I remember getting that 1st time in IRC 15 years ago and thinking, why you link a rick astley song at me. Message got old fast. Now its harder to do to people as drop a youtube link in Discord and it plays video.

For me, i just watch random either twich videos or yt videos of a game im interested in and make my own decision on whether or not it looks like i would want it. I dont really care whos doing the video or not, im not even paying attention to them lol.

Theres 1 writer, and its for really just 1 game specifically, Destiny 2, who i guess i generally follow the advice of and thats Paul Tassi who writes for Forbes Magazine. He started making youtube video's a couple months ago so ive been watching them, but they arent really about new game information, just ones i play that he also happens to play and go in length about.

As for reviews, i dont really care, i like to read both bad and good ones and whoever i happen to click on first when i type in "so-in-so game review" i click it and its an article, and i tend to just read articles more than watch videos of reviews, not saying i havent, but its not my first option.

Reactions: Brian Boru

Sarafan

Community Contributor

I follow mostly streamers from my country, but there are also two, let's say, international. First one CohhCarnage. He's one of the bigger and more popular streamers. He sometimes gathers more than 20 000 viewers simultaneously. Generally quality content. You can feel the professionalism.

The other one is DarkSaber2k. I've met the guy first on GOG Twitch channel and liked what he was doing. Not very popular, but he deserves for more viewers. Very good interaction with chat and a lot of positive atmosphere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS