Your Steam Year in Review

Here's my snapshot:

full

My streak was 348 days. I have about 1000 workshop subscribers (I'm surprised at this. I've only really done mods for games hardly anyone plays). 37 percent of the games I played were released in 2023. I averaged over 10 sessions a day hahaha

Hmm, 2 diff figs for my Games Played above—62 and 34 :unsure:

Also says 1 demo played, which is rubbish—I guess more than 10.

So don't take any of these numbers to the bank :)
Uh, do you want to explain how you played 23 new games this year, Mr Patient?
You should find a non-twitch game, git gud, and go pro.
If by "non-twitch" game, you are talking about reflexes, then I got a whole library of those that I'm gud at. But I like what I'm doing now--playing 30 minutes of a game, then switching to a Blender project, then playing 30 minutes of another game, then working in UE5. I never stay in one place for long and never get bored.

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
Image for those that want the short version
full

Full version of My Year in Review 2023 (you can just change the last 3 in the URL to a 2 to see last year's)

% of games that were new this year: 0. Not a one. Though the Palace of Ice DLC was released this year for Solasta and so were some of the Mavel's Midnight Suns DLCs.

I got fewer achievements this year, but more rare achievements than in 2022. Above mentioned DLCs probably helped those rares out a lot.

Marvel's Midnight Suns was all played this year. That was 163 hours (!) and amounted to 15%, so I gamed for... oh my. I broke 1000 hours of play this year! And that's before the holidays!

I've only got one mod out on Steam for X: Rebirth. It's useful for people that get the Home of Light DLC. I didn't know anybody was even using it - I don't remember it ever getting a comment or a Steam community award. Last year, there weren't any.

@ZedClampet played more games this year than I have in my entire 19-year-old Steam library!

i would like to upload my one but i can't upload the steam link
If you use the 'share' thing, it gives a link using s.team, which I'm betting the forum blocks given that you can't tell where that's really going to go. It just ends up resolving to the full website anyway, so just go to the page and copy the URL (assuming you've made the year in review public).

OMG! Scandal!! That's 23% of the games you played were released this year. ;)

The box on the right is getting skewed hard by Counterstrike & DOTA.
You've got workshop items? I didn't know that!

Last edited:
explain how you played 23 new games this year

Okay, had a look at my purchase history. Spent nearly $30 this year on max 14 games—that's counting those within collections as more than 1, ie individual games like the Wordle Collection which was 4 individual games.

So either Steam's "New Games" means games played for the first time this year—but released anytime—or else it's more of:
don't take any of these numbers to the bank

23% of the games you played were released this year

Hmm, not sure about that. But maybe… the 14 I bought …and at least launched I assume… would be 23% of 61—which matches Steam's claim I played 62 games this year.

You've got workshop items?

I assume they're mods, so nothing odd there—I def have some Civ6 mods from Workshop.

Reactions: Pifanjr

Zloth

Community Contributor
Oh, I see! There are a few lines about workshop items:
  • Workshop items you uploaded this year
  • Workshop items you subscribed to (so the number of times you subscribed to something, or maybe how many things you were subscribed to as of the 14th of December)
  • Users that are subscribed to workshop items that you uploaded (same question)
It's easy to get how many subscriptions you have confused with how many subscribers you have.

@ZedClampet played more games this year than I have in my entire 19-year-old Steam library!
Now, I do play several different games during an average day, but the reason this number is inflated is due to insomnia. I'll be sitting at my computer, miserably exhausted, 3 am, scrolling through my game library. Then I'll just pick a game, install it, open it up and think, "I'm too tired to play this," and close it down again, so technically I just open a lot of games and glance at the tutorials (sometimes I don't even look at the tutorials) to see if I want to play them right then, later or never. Later or never wins most of the time. I probably have more games in my library that have registered less than 5 minutes of playtime than anyone else in the world. The reason I can do this so consistently is that during Steam sales I'll buy a bunch of extremely cheap games.

It's easy to get how many subscriptions you have confused with how many subscribers you have.
I subscribe to 906 workshop items and have 998 subscribers, so it's almost the same for me.

Edit: I tried to strike out the next few sentences, but I hit the wrong thing and deleted them.

Hold on. Let met just go look at my mods......

Never mind. It means individual people subscribing. And my assumption that people were subscribing to each of those 4 mods that made the game more difficult was incorrect. People are picking and choosing. But my most popular mod isn't any of those 4, it's "Player Only Cheats". I forgot I even made this one. Someone requested it in the comments of one of my other mods.

The Player Only Cheats mod has 795 subscribers, and I have 5 other mods with anywhere from 80 to 400 subscribers. If Steam's 995 number is correct, that means that some people are subscribed to both my cheat mod and at least one or two of my mods that make the game more difficult. That's a weird combination of mods to have.

Reactions: Zloth and Pifanjr
I'm just picking on you

No way, I find that very hard to believe.

during Steam sales I'll buy a bunch of extremely cheap games

So hang on a tick there. Does that mean…?

Ach, never mind, it couldn't.

I hit the wrong thing and deleted them

Missed the day they covered Ctrl-Z?

That's a weird combination of mods to have

Not for a sensible gamer—but of course I see how it puzzles you. If a sensible gamer is unsure about a game, they may run Easy with cheats to see what the gameplay is like. Find they like it but it's too easy, then they'll install a more difficult mod. QED.

Since you have gameplay cheats covered, I'm thinking of doing story cheats. In simple terms, a "The butler did it" popup at the start of a detective game, or "The blond couple die at the end" for VNs. Should be a hit, don't you think?

Not for a sensible gamer—but of course I see how it puzzles you. If a sensible gamer is unsure about a game, they may run Easy with cheats to see what the gameplay is like. Find they like it but it's too easy, then they'll install a more difficult mod. QED.
Of course I have no way of knowing what they are thinking, but some people don't like struggling with Troy's resources and other mechanics, so they might get my cheat mod, but maybe they still want a higher difficulty. Could also be some people wanting to skip the tedium of the early game. Put these mods together and you'll be playing similar to the midgame by turn 10.

Last edited:
Full review

bb6c2dfae146115662274d62705aee12ddd9f0b7.png

Spore is mostly my kid, as it's my friend's game and she doesn't have access to his library. I should have the disc somewhere in the shed, but I haven't had a good reason to dig it out.

I didn't realise I spend most of my time in Fallout 4. I thought I got bored of it pretty quickly, but I guess that was only relative to other Bethesda games.

My streak was only 5 days long. I thought it would have been from when I was playing Vermintide 2 regularly, but apparently it was TW: Warhammer 3 (and Space Engineers apparently, though I only opened it, got overwhelmed and uninstalled it again).

My spider graph shows I played a lot of Early Access games, but I'm pretty sure none of the games I played were in Early Access when I played them. I guess the tag just doesn't get removed when an EA game releases.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
hwqHG1j.png

I had a broken PC for the majority of the year, I think I've had a working PC for about 3 months.

Longest streak I had was 15 days (which until november was the longest I had my PC working without breaking down).

2pOgFt9.png

I only played 1 game that released in 2023.

Other than that I think mine isn't that special, other than the fact that I played so little maybe :)

Now I like this piece of information because Steam won't tell me:

4OSlWCp.png

YnZpD54.png

So 17% of my gametime with a controller was on hogwarts legacy. Now it happens that I also played 17 hours of Hogwarts legacy, meaning that I played 100 hours with a controller. That's 40% of my total gametime. Meaning that the remaining 60% is on about 150 more hours and I played games on Steam for a total of 250 hours.

Why doesn't Steam just tell me how much hours I played games?

Grim Dawn makes up most of it.

Yeah, I'm not a morning person either.

Why doesn't Steam just tell me how much hours I played games?

Could be that it's a meaningless number for many who leave games idling. I'm always Alt-Tabbing in and out of games, sometimes have 2 idling at the same time :D

Or maybe many people choose the offline mode, so Steam can't measure it. *shrug*

Reactions: Pifanjr

Zloth

Community Contributor
Could be that it's a meaningless number for many who leave games idling. I'm always Alt-Tabbing in and out of games, sometimes have 2 idling at the same time :D
Ack!! It's like you don't care about Steam's ability to give us meaningful stats at all!

I think we need to bring back characters that bad mouth you if you wander away for too long. ;)

How would you know if its right? How anal do you need to be to record your playing time through an entire year just to check if Steam aren't just making some of it up. I can't prove I played Grim Dawn 219 times.

The steam hardware survey results are incredibly suspect every month. I think only stats they can about is how much bank balance increases every month

bad mouth? random deaths should do trick.

TRENDING THREADS