You awaken in a grassy field, unable to remember how you got here.

Jul 12, 2021
8
5
15
You awaken in a grassy field, unable to remember how you got here. You can hear a waterfall in a nearby forest, and you can see smoke rising from a town in the distance.
_Investigate the town
_Meditate in the field
_Go to the forest
_check for rocks nearby
_Eat the grass
 

Colif

Moderator
Jan 2, 2020
1,494
6,754
17,070
So we playing Zork now?


easier to play the original
 
Jul 12, 2021
8
5
15
this is much better. it goes on forever and you can literally do anything (it just costs money. not a.i. dungeon this is something on the blockchain)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ismaya25

Brian Boru

Moderator
Aug 25, 2020
1,170
4,268
11,570
Jul 12, 2021
8
5
15
And is this version…
…by a 'RossFerrow' also on the blockchain?

Won't the crypto guys get miffed if we start duplicating stuff on 'their' playground?
this is mine

When does that kick in?
it's already costing me money to add. Just not a lot
 
Last edited:

Brian Boru

Moderator
Aug 25, 2020
1,170
4,268
11,570
I programmed the branching story system. (I also wrote a lot of the initial branches, but the actual first prompt came from someone else)
Ah, I see. We always look askance at something like this just 'dropping in', and more so when it turns up posted elsewhere also—looks a lot like plagiarism at that stage, of which we get a lot here, so we're always wary.

Kudos on your work so far. I assume you'd like forum members to play along, choose an option from the previous post and you'll reply with each new scenario.

So I'll start before I head out for a while:

Investigate the town
That's my choice :)
 
Jul 12, 2021
8
5
15
Ah, I see. We always look askance at something like this just 'dropping in', and more so when it turns up posted elsewhere also—looks a lot like plagiarism at that stage, of which we get a lot here, so we're always wary.

Kudos on your work so far. I assume you'd like forum members to play along, choose an option from the previous post and you'll reply with each new scenario.

So I'll start before I head out for a while:


That's my choice :)
You take the long walk to town. The smoke rising appears to be coming from an unattended blacksmith's furnace. It's blazing, but doesn't quite seem like a hazard to any of its surroundings. Upon inspecting closer, you see boots and a bottle to the edge of the workshop's door frame.

_Look for the blacksmith
_leave
_Knock on the back door
 
Jul 12, 2021
8
5
15
Look for the blacksmith
Stepping through the backdoor, you see the blacksmith is not hard to find. To the left you see them slumped over a wooden table, bottle in hand. They are mumbling in an awkward drunken slumber. The fire flares up a moment, catching your attention, but it quickly settles back down. The air smells of sweat and booze. There's several tools on the front facing wall, and to the right a rack of beautiful weaponry and armor.
_Look at the weapons
_get the blacksmiths attention
_Leave
 
Jul 12, 2021
8
5
15
Look at the weapons
Taking a closer look at the weapons, you see a dozen swords of great quality. Tall brilliant shining metal with long handles wrapped tightly in cured leather. There are also metal tipped arrows next to some chainmail armor. All of great quality work, but what stands out most to you is the axe. It's the largest, with a blade spanning nearly half of the swords'. It's taller than you, but rests horizontally on the wall. The blacksmith notices you, gets up, but his foot gets caught between the seat and leg of the table. Incapacitated, he flips everything over, along with himself, hurling a bottle of alcohol right into the furnace, splashing fire everywhere.
_SAVE THE BLACKSMITH!
_STEAL THE ARMOR AND ESCAPE F THE BLACKSMITH
+(new path... make up something)
 
Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS