WoW, ESO, SWTOR, & FF14 thread

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I could not, for the li
I was not supposed to play anymore MMO's, but I could not look away from 73% on ESO: Elsweyr Digital Collector's Edition:LOL: Pretty good deal if you ask me as you get tons of collector's edition stuff/dlc included. I especially look forward to visiting Morrowind, as I only played the base game for a little while in the beta oh so many years ago.

Yeah, I bought the Elsweyr collection last winter sale too, but I didn't get the collectors edition. I already had the base game, but $20 was too good to pass up for adding Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr. I gotta tell ya, I immediately went to Vvardenfell and OMG did it feel like a homecoming from being away from Morrowind (the game) so long.

Reactions: Frindis
I gotta tell ya, I immediately went to Vvardenfell and OMG did it feel like a homecoming from being away from Morrowind (the game) so long.

I really hope I will be able to get housing in Seyda Neen or Balmorra. I enjoyed many hours around those starter areas, walking around with a torch, leveling up and looking for secrets. From what I remember, those pesky cliff racers did not spawn much around there either.

I was not supposed to play anymore MMO's, but I could not look away from 73% on ESO: Elsweyr Digital Collector's Edition:LOL: Pretty good deal if you ask me as you get tons of collector's edition stuff/dlc included. I especially look forward to visiting Morrowind, as I only played the base game for a little while in the beta oh so many years ago.

Have fun! You can add @dan958 if you would like me to craft you some training gear (that goes for anyone else as well)

Last edited:
Reactions: Frindis
How do you get that Steam sig? I've tried a couple but none of them are as simple and direct as yours.

Reactions: I Will Haunt You
My 'Hero's Guide to the Elder Scrolls Online' collectors lore set arrived this week, so I have added it to my lore book collection.

IMG_20200130_141426.jpg

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
I could not, for the li

Yeah, I bought the Elsweyr collection last winter sale too, but I didn't get the collectors edition. I already had the base game, but $20 was too good to pass up for adding Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr. I gotta tell ya, I immediately went to Vvardenfell and OMG did it feel like a homecoming from being away from Morrowind (the game) so long.
ESO is just so much more relaxed than FF14, that game was way too intense. ESO is much more laid back.

I'm fully addicted to ESO again. I have been finishing off the Summerset region, I've got a few more non-main story quests to doin the chapter, and a few lore books to discover - then onto Elsweyr (I stopped playing shortly after Elsweyrs release, so have only done a quick tour of the zone and no quests).

I'm also trying to finish off all achievements for the Dark Brotherhood. I only have a few rare fish to catch, and one assassination (RNG for if I get the correct target on my daily)

Reactions: I Will Haunt You
Feb 12, 2020
Visit site
It is however a bit of a marketing blunder in terms of naming - FFXIV is now WoW's biggest competitor and WoW has been on the backfoot against it for a while now; rumour is that at this point FFXIV has more active subs than WoW does. Not only that but, going by metascore at least, Shadowbringers is the most critically acclaimed game in the MMO genre, and still the highest rated game of the year for PC and tied for highest rated for PS4. Comparisons between the two properties are rife and WoW being seen to be directly copying FFXIV, no matter how true it is, is going to look bad, especially given Blizzard is already in the doghouse for a number of reasons.

Reactions: Lee_Bo
I played vanilla WoW a lot but just got burnt out playing it. I've played a lot of MMORPG's over the years. I liked GW2 but it's just got too grindy for me.

My personal favorite was Ultima Online. I liked it when they added player housing to Trammel. I teleported to a spot to place my house thinking there wouldn't be any spots left. Luckily no one had found my location because it had a tree in it. Tree growing through house? Didn't bother me lol

Reactions: Blagojche
GW2 - probably one of the worst written stories in MMO.
I still remember one quest where you need to find a traitor in the government based on Parchment paper.

The Dialog went something along the lines like,
"Let me go ask him, he probably won't talk to an officer"
The very first line when you talk to the person
"I am investigating a case on behalf of the officer!"

It's like two separate people were playing Ad Lib and writing every other line. without consulting the other.

Otherwise I like how GW2 combat is actually challenging especially in the Expansion areas.

SWOTR -
Republic Jedi probably have some of the best Sleep inducing voice acting in history. Essentially they wanted Jedi to be "Emotionless" so all the voice actors had no emotion. It was a terrible design decision which made Republic storyline better than some prescription sleeping pills.

Otherwise Empire side story is great, combat feels fun especially in operations.

FF14 -
Loved the Visual Design, Storyline,
My only Gripe about the game is World Design. After you leave the starting area you will start going to places where 50 - 60% of the map is completely empty with no quests or anything. Essentially they added areas to the map simply for sake of size but no purpose.

Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
Went back to SW:TOR as it was available on Steam. and gotta admit it's still a fun game.
F2P model does let you play and see the basis of the game and with expansion being free (well not completely but you just sub for one month and you get them all), think I'll sink a bit time into it.

Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
All those MMOs offer something different but are still built on the same foundation of what an MMORPG should look like.

WoW has some best in class Raid design, ESO is all about its question in my opinion, FF14 has so many systems it builds on constantly and SWTOR is wow for Star Wars fans.

They all have their issues as well, WoW can't keep content going even tho it charges a monthly sub, ESO has so many combat issues, FF14 has horrible onboarding and SWTOR i cant really talk too much **** about because i played it for maybe a month.

This is quite relevant to me right now. I've played WoW since BC and have always loved the world. However, these days I must admit I am a bit disenchanted with the game. I'm a much more casual player these days and honestly I just don't get anything from WoW anymore. I find it unplayable singleplayer and multiplayer everyone just takes the game too seriously. With Mythic+ dungeons being timed, a single mistake gets you crucified by your party. I'm just trying to have fun.

I recently grabbed ESO and from what people have said it is very chill and also singleplayer-friendly, so I am looking forward to giving it a shot.

Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
I recently grabbed ESO and from what people have said it is very chill and also singleplayer-friendly, so I am looking forward to giving it a shot.

I hope you'll have a great time with it, in my opinion combat is a bit lacking but it does get a bit better further in the game. I also personally liked it more with a controller so if combat doesn't quite click try that.

I hope you'll have a great time with it, in my opinion combat is a bit lacking but it does get a bit better further in the game. I also personally liked it more with a controller so if combat doesn't quite click try that.
I've played a few hours of it now and I've enjoyed it. I haven't tried a controller yet but having the option is nice. Sometimes I like to kick back with the controller to chill. But as of right now I'm not having too many problems with keyboard and mouse.

Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
Came back to SW:TOR after it came to Steam and gotta say I'm enjoying myself again. It's not about the challenge or even grouping with other people.
It's about story set in Star Wars universe and as I've heard Sith Inquisitor, Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight and Imperial Agent have some of the best stories.
It's also free to play so it's easy to enjoy it's story.

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
if anyone is playing FF14 it's one of my main time-sinks right now, and maybe we could play together. I'm not a very hardcore gamer by any means so I'm still only level 50 after 100 hours of putzing around. But hey I'm a role player,. not a powergamer. if anyone wants to putz around with me and do some dungeons it would be fantastic fun

if anyone is playing FF14 it's one of my main time-sinks right now, and maybe we could play together. I'm not a very hardcore gamer by any means so I'm still only level 50 after 100 hours of putzing around. But hey I'm a role player,. not a powergamer. if anyone wants to putz around with me and do some dungeons it would be fantastic fun

If you are asking about FF14 you should probably say what Data center you are in.
Because you can't transfer between datacenters but you can travel between servers inside a data center

TRENDING THREADS