Question Would you rather live without games in a world only the wise could live in? Or in a world where gamers are in?

For me its just both, we need to be balanced, but for sure balancing our world isn't really exact but it is a way to help ourselves improve much more better.

Does that mean in your mind, gamers can't be wise? its a choice? your either wise or a gamer?

wisdom comes with age, most here are both gamers and wise so I wonder what the replies will be.

Who said the world would be wise without games? I‘d say the opposite!
Sure there‘s a lot of games that are questionnable if they actively teach us something (useful)… But there‘s also so many games teaching us incredibly things nowadays. I‘vs grown up with educational games and it teached me to be curious and to question things. It‘s wrong to say that games are just silly or for escaping the world as there are more than enough games which prove the exact opposite.

Who said the world would be wise without games? I‘d say the opposite!
Sure there‘s a lot of games that are questionnable if they actively teach us something (useful)… But there‘s also so many games teaching us incredibly things nowadays. I‘vs grown up with educational games and it teached me to be curious and to question things. It‘s wrong to say that games are just silly or for escaping the world as there are more than enough games which prove the exact opposite.
My youngest son started playing educational app games when he was 2 years old. Before he was even 3, we noticed him reading the names on signs of restaurants we don't even have in our town, so they weren't ones we talked about all the time. He could read children's books well when he was 3, and fluently read the newspaper, encyclopedia, or anything you put in front of him when he was 4 before going into school. And all of that without my wife and I spending any time at all teaching him to read. He started 7th grade this year, and within a couple of weeks they moved him from 7th grade advanced math to doing 9th grade algebra, and he's already even learning some calculus concepts. I know he was born with the ability to be intelligent, but I think playing app games when he was little gave him a head start. So when people think gaming is just for dumb people, I know better.

My youngest son started playing educational app games when he was 2 years old. Before he was even 3, we noticed him reading the names on signs of restaurants we don't even have in our town, so they weren't ones we talked about all the time. He could read children's books well when he was 3, and fluently read the newspaper, encyclopedia, or anything you put in front of him when he was 4 before going into school. And all of that without my wife and I spending any time at all teaching him to read. He started 7th grade this year, and within a couple of weeks they moved him from 7th grade advanced math to doing 9th grade algebra, and he's already even learning some calculus concepts. I know he was born with the ability to be intelligent, but I think playing app games when he was little gave him a head start. So when people think gaming is just for dumb people, I know better.

This reminds me a lot to my childhood too. I was actually bored by the first school years so my mother bought me games and self study books for the 4th grade when I was in the 2nd and for 6th to middle school when I was in the 3rd. Afterwards, I just started to sink into every new topic I heard to learn more about it…
I don‘t say that games are better than school or parents but I think if both schools and parents know how to influence their children with the right games and amount of gaming, then gaming and games can be a huge gain to the development of learning. I am thankful that I‘ve had open-minded and caring parents as well as a school that supported new learning techniques.

I would be excluded from a world of only the wise, so I'm going to have to pick a world with games.

And now I'm going to take the question too literally and muse on wisdom:

But being wise and making wise decisions are two different things. Most of the time, people are wise enough to know what to do, but their decision comes down to other things. For instance, I might know the right thing to do is to study every night so that when it's time to take the test I don't have to stay up all night studying, but it's more fun to do other things, so I rarely study until just a day or two before the exam.

Or I probably know that going to war is unwise, but I'm filled with hatred, so I go to war anyway (though sometimes going to war is the wise decision, of course)

The point is that having wise people is not enough. You would have to somehow find people who only act on what they know to be the wise decision, and I doubt you'll find many who always follow the path of wisdom.

when people think gaming is just for dumb people, I know better
Exactly right. No reason the rest of us should be tainted just cos you play.

he was born with the ability to be intelligent
So we've moved on from discussing your son now?

I would be excluded from a world of only the wise
Ah, truly wise, to know that one knows nothing—Socrates would smile on you!

You differentiate between the capacity for wisdom, and the practice of it. As you say, a big gap, similar to that between being very tall and being a pro basketball player.

Exactly right. No reason the rest of us should be tainted just cos you play.
So we've moved on from discussing your son now?
bits-hate-superJumbo-v3.jpg