Wor L dle—Geography version of Wordle

Page 7 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
#Worldle #79 5/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜➡️
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜➡️
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜↘️
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜➡️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

I was just going by the shape. I forgot until I was done that it was telling me how far my guess was from the target country. So many countries are shaped like that. I couldn't figure out a distinguisher in my head.

Apparently you can guess the same place twice
Oh, did it crop up before? [I'm doing too many puzzles!]

#Worldle #80 4/6 (100%)
🟩🟨⬛⬛⬛➡️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉
Process of elimination based on distance/direction clues.
…"Good guess, you're only 10,000 miles off, and on wrong side of Equator!"… just gives it away :D

Reactions: Pifanjr
#Worldle #81 X/6 (93%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛↘️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛↙️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛⬅️

I don't think I'm learning much from this, considering I still don't really know what countries are in that part of the world.

Oh, did it crop up before? [I'm doing too many puzzles!]

No, I mean that the game doesn't stop you from guessing the exact same country twice in a row.

the game doesn't stop you from guessing the exact same country twice in a row
Oh, you mean within the same puzzle?
That's a bit sloppy.

I don't think I'm learning much from this
Yeah, you probably need to bring a level of knowledge. I've always been interested in geog, and then following some world sports also helped—I'd have a quick peek at the location of the current match-race-tournament.

I still don't really know what countries are in that part of the world.
I know the general location of most land-based countries, but their shapes is a different story—some are distinctive, most not.

Maybe something like Seterra or Sheppard might help? I know nothing about 'em, just popped in a search for geography+game.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Oh, you mean within the same puzzle?
That's a bit sloppy.

Yeah, you probably need to bring a level of knowledge. I've always been interested in geog, and then following some world sports also helped—I'd have a quick peek at the location of the current match-race-tournament.

I know the general location of most land-based countries, but their shapes is a different story—some are distinctive, most not.

Maybe something like Seterra or Sheppard might help? I know nothing about 'em, just popped in a search for geography+game.

I've played a bunch of Paradox' grand strategy games, which have helped a bit,but they're mostly focused on Europe.

TRENDING THREADS