Giveaway Win an EPOS | SENNHEISER GSP 370 headset in our SpecialEffect Awareness Campaign

Page 25 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
My uncle's son used to be a very avid gamer. As he had polio, so spent most of the time indoors and he was also the one who introduced me to PC gaming. I remember playing IGI and Tony hawk for hours with him. His brother being an air force pilot gifted him a joystick so that his sweet younger brother can also enjoy flight simulations...We used to play lots of games together. But he had problems sitting for hours while gaming. I wished there could be some amazing gaming chairs for those fighting with polio so that they can also enjoy extended gaming sessions. So all I can ask for is some really comfortable and well equipped gaming chairs that gives them extra joy of playing games while being comfortable.. And thanks a lot for your kind efforts..we need many more good people like you guys :)

Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
A solution for gamers without hands or with severe limitations in the use of their hands could be in the form of a modified fight stick for use with feet. Large oversized buttons spaced out that can easily be accessed by the right foot while the left foot can grip an 8-way joystick to handle traditional movement. Nearly all retro games could be played with a setup similar to this.

Last edited:
May 13, 2020
Visit site
SpecialEffect is a great, positive initiative!
Although focused on providing access to video games, which is great on its own, I also see it as life improvements in general and technology development.

It is great to see the smiles on the people playing too.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
One suggestion for product development: A program method for software developers to make their games more portable to other platforms. Games that are written specifically for consoles often aren't ported properly to computers (specifically, for keyboard/mouse folk). I can only imagine that if it's easier for game developers to port their games to other platforms, then it might be easier for your custom control pads to interface with those games.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
One idea would be to try start working with developers to make the games more accessible. Maybe some sort of free service (especially for indie devs) to help them modify their games or ideas to make them work better for different people.

Aug 6, 2020
Visit site
Don't know what to say. Maybe some way to "gamify" rehabilitation patients? You know, a way to keep their minds off of the process but they keep doing the exercises that help them. Is a little different from helping gamers with physical disabilities but...

Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
A glove with an included accelerometer and other sensors could provide a new (easier) way to replace some physical hardware such as the wheeling wheel or controllers that implies the touch and the buttons press.

Firstly, I think improving on software associated with voice control has the potential to positively affect many people. Moreso on the hardware side of things, I agree with others than having controller options that are more accessible to a wider range of people is a good step to take.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
I think it's important to continue to develop and work on innovations for mouth controllers and other controllers for quadriplegics. Not just for gaming but for effective and efficient PC usage in general.

May 18, 2020
Visit site
You wrote : "telling us a new product you'd like to see SpecialEffect develop next!"
Well, that is a tough question ! After doing a bit of reading, I thought ...

Some games cannot be paused... Would be nice on a software (PC) or hardware level (consoles) to add a special force pause even for games that are designed not to have any pause feature.

Ps : loved the video. Awesome to see kids and adults enjoy and feel good. Liked on Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS