Giveaway Win an EPOS | SENNHEISER GSP 370 headset in our SpecialEffect Awareness Campaign

Page 17 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
I didn't know that there were games that could be playedd by your eyes! I knew there are things that use your eyes (tobii eyetracker) but didn't know that there were games only playable by eyes. Or I completely read that wrong, but that's what I got from it.

May 29, 2020
Visit site
The cool thing about SpecialEffect is that they don't just create a controller for all games, but build and modify controllers for specific games according to the gamer disability

May 9, 2020
Visit site
I saw that they use a Tobii sensor to capture the eyes movements. I think it's great that they are able to use affordable "off the shelf" components to keep the cost of these customized setups in the reach of everyone. I wonder how the special gaming equipment from Microsoft for folks with disabilities can be combined with this.

May 24, 2020
Visit site
What new did I learn about the charity? Well I didn't even know it exists, so basically everything that I learned is new. They are helping all kinds of people to be able to play games.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
This month I learned that eye tracking technology could be used and applied in the manner SpecialEffect does. I recently saw a few video game streamers using a similar eye tracking technology for contrasting how professionals and amateurs are different in how their eyes tracked activity in video games but never thought about how this could translate into a use case such as this. Pretty awesome.

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
This is a wonderful initiative, it will impact lives of so many people for the better. I came to know about this through the giveaway for headphones and am already looking to buy one already so it will be good to win but this is a great thing which am gonna support no matter what.

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
It's easy to take games for granted and accessibility in a few things like remapping. Watching the videos you really understand how creative and supportive people can be and how games are such a powerful tool to bring some joy to the lives of almost everyone who wants to do it. It's really beautiful the work you guys are doing

May 27, 2020
Visit site
I love there is a charity or organisation doing this. Games are a great escape and everyone needs an escape every now and then. The industry definitely need to put more money into this field. As pads become more ergonomic they get harder to use for differently abled people.

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
I didn't knew this charity existed, but it sure is nice to see people Working to adapt the equipments so that people with physical disability can enjoy as Everyone else the great games on the market.

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
It's great to see something like this out there to help gamers with disabilities. This group and campaign were new to me so it was interesting to read about who they are and what they do. Thanks for spreading joy though gaming.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
This is genuinely cool stuff. Everything that adds inclusiveness in gaming is welcome. With all the things going on right now with the pandemic, all kinds of people need escape with gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS