Wife's request

Dec 31, 2021
Visit site
Hi all!

My wife's just said to me:
"I need a game which is a bit of witcher, a bit of house building, but no shooter"

FYI she spent around 300h playing witcher, 200h playing Frostpunk, 200h RDR2 and around 200 playing Medevial Dynasty

Any ideas? :D

Last edited:

zaz

Dec 31, 2021
Visit site
Hi all!

"I need a game which is a bit of witcher, a bit of house building, but no shooter"

FYI she spent around 300h playing witcher, 200h playing Frostpunk, 200h RDR2 and around 200 playing Medevial Dynasty

hi, let the game programmers know about the new customer demand till then dont shoot use swords.:tonguewink:

Wildcard! The Banner Saga games have some similar management mechanics to Frostpunk in the way that story events during the journey bring up moral choices that effect morale and the number of warriors or civilians who survive. It also has a really interesting and beautifully illustrated fantasy setting and story.

Combat is turn based though which may or may not work for your wife.

Not exactly what you asked for but I really cant think of anything I've played that is. Hopefully someone else can.

Dec 31, 2021
Visit site
Valheim she tried early access (played 16h), but not fun.
Banner Saga Games is cartoon, my wife is not a fun of that.

But I honestly thank YOU for all suggestions. I know it's difficult to satisfy my wife.... especially with a game ;)

Zloth

Community Contributor
A bit of Witcher... which bit?

Subnautica has some good base building, a pretty good story, and a lot of fun exploration. It isn't the kind of game that you're likely to spend 100's of hours in, though.

Hmmm... Frostpunk... has she ever tried the Tropico games? There's a lot of debate about whether 4, 5, or 6 is the best. I ended up playing 4 the most, though, and it is the cheapest.

No Man's Sky's base building is getting pretty serious. There's some shooting but most of it is shooting rocks.

Hi all!

What part of the Witcher does she like? If she just likes the fighting, she could give Valheim a try, which has great building, too. But there's basically no story, which is a big part of The Witcher series. Honestly, I can't think of a game that has both story and good building. Conan Exiles has both fantastic fighting and building, though.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Sorry, didnt see the reply saying she tried Valheim. Well then i dont know a game thats like witcher but is a house building game, unless you consider maybe Skyrim, or one of the many mods of skyrim where you do get to really build your house and you dont shoot guns. I know its an older but i cant think of one that fits those parameters lol

Banner Saga Games is cartoon, my wife is not a fun of that.

Banner saga is not a cartoon. It's pen and ink art styling, but it's not a cartoon in the least. It's also not the witcher+frost punk either. It is an epic quest story, dark, brooding and full of despair. The story is every bit as deep and dark and compelling as the witcher though. It's a story built along the side of Norse myths and an invading force, again very different but very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS