The Maze: Solve the World's Most Challenging Puzzle

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
@Alm @Zloth @Frindis @Brian Boru @Colif @neogunhero @Kaamos_Llama @Pifanjr @Hveðrungr
@BeardyHat
@mjs warlord
All are welcome!

full

… a much warmer room. Shadows danced across the floor to the fire’s music.

“Someone’s lost his hat.”

“Are you sure it’s the hat that is lost?” I asked reasonably enough. No one would answer me.

Ducking behind a curtain and hurrying down a passageway we came out in …

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
Are the left and right symbols also musical?
ie left of 13 and above 3.
The answer is yes and maybe

I just gave wrong info, but deleted it. Hopefully no one saw it. I've forgotten the words to all these musical symbols, but from left to right you have

Bass clef, two notes, which if they are with the bass clef should be "a" and "c". Then you have treble clef. But the one above the 3 is odd. If it isn't missing anything, then it has to be either a bar line or a bracket, which connects multiple lines of music, but bar lines are specifically thin, and the bracket is not written in the note lines. If it's missing something, it could be part of a repeat symbol or the symbol that marks the end of a movement or several others. I don't know what to make of it. Honestly, it's just a guess, but there's something near its top right which leads me to believe it might be part of a misplaced bracket. If I were forced to call it something, that's what I'd call it, an out of place bracket.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Alm and Brian Boru

Zloth

Community Contributor
Bass clef, then two 8th notes (C and A if the bass clef applies to them), then treble clef, then... errr... notes?? They could be whole notes that got filled in, quarter notes where the stems have vanished, or even half notes where the stems vanished AND the notes got filled in. If treble clef applies, they are E, G, C, E, so a C chord. Rats... I was hoping they would spell FACE to match the fireplace.

And then there's a bowling pin. Because of course there is. And I see no sign of the rope/leash from the last room over here.

Well, the description talks about the fire's music and shadows on the floor. One chair has 3 leg shadows and one 4, and the bowling pin casts one shadow. Door to page three has 4 notes played as 1 chord, and that chord has 3 notes if you count the two E's as the same. So, it matches the shadows. So, I say door to page 3.

@Alm @Zloth @Frindis @Brian Boru @Colif @neogunhero @Kaamos_Llama @Pifanjr @Hveðrungr
@BeardyHat
@mjs warlord
All are welcome!

full

…an entirely different kind of place.

The group complained of feeling “all turned around,” as well they might.

Because no one wanted to stay here very long they missed the real sign while looking through the obvious. People in their situation, confronted with a challenge, tend to accept the terms of the challenge as a given, without examining it from all sides. How many sides does that problem have? They don’t know.

We passed down a long flight of stairs, through some sort of pantry, and on into…

I'm going for 81, or 18 backwards.

Following a Zodiac vibe—signs all over, 'what is your sign?', 3 maybe water containers for 3 water signs, sun on door + radiator for fire signs…

What's the painting? Anything from a little girl to a lion! If it's a lion, that's Leo which is ruled by that there sun—plus it's the sign we happen to be in right now.

81 also suggests it's the place to reunite the stick man with his hat.

Reactions: Alm and ZedClampet
I'm going for 81, or 18 backwards.

Following a Zodiac vibe—signs all over, 'what is your sign?', 3 maybe water containers for 3 water signs, sun on door + radiator for fire signs…

What's the painting? Anything from a little girl to a lion! If it's a lion, that's Leo which is ruled by that there sun—plus it's the sign we happen to be in right now.

81 also suggests it's the place to reunite the stick man with his hat.
Flipping through the book, you realize there is no room 81.

(note: going back to 18 might still be the best decision. Just letting you know something you would have quickly figured out if you actually had the book)

when the sign says “Stop” it means don't stop

No, no, you're doing it wrong.

Remember, 'everything in this room is backwards'—so 'stop' really means the 'pots' near the painting.

“This way” it means it's not this way

Only works for Colif—we're right-side-up so sign is upside-down for us…which means it actually is the way.

Capisce? Of course you do, you're a quick study!

Reactions: Alm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts