Question Why isn't my new build turning on?

Mar 20, 2023
Visit site
First build here (also first post on this forum. Hello!). All of the parts are brand new.

These are the parts:
Motherboard: ASUS TUF gaming B650M-PLUS mATX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 16GB 5200MHz
Power supply: Corsair CX750M
Storage: Netac 1TB 7400MB/s

The display doesn't turn on. I've tried connecting the monitor to both the HDMI port on the motherboard and on the one in the VGU.
There are 3 lights on the upper right corner of the motherboard. When I try to turn it on, one of them turn orange, then another one stays white for a while, then the CPU one stays red for a while and then the cycle restarts.
Because my cooler is a bit bulky, only one of the RAM slots are accessible, and it's the rightmost one. The RAM is plugged into that one.
I'm using the 8-pin cable of the power supply on the CPU. I've already tested with both the 8-pin and the 4-pin connected simmultaneously.
All the coolers are turning on effectively.
I've tried turning on the computer without the cooler for about 10 seconds. The CPU was getting warmer.

I'm really worried I'd have to update my BIOS. Some people say it can be quite risky.
Please don't judge me if I'm making rookie mistakes ;-; this is my first build and I've already learned a lot from it hahahaha
I'm also brazilian, so maybe I messed something up with my english. Feel free to ask me for clarification.
Any help is appreciated. Have a nice day!! :D

Reactions: Brian Boru
I hope there are actual pins on the socket for the motherboard...what is the make and model of your case? Did you try breadboarding the motherboard, processor and ram on the motherboard box?

Because my cooler is a bit bulky, only one of the RAM slots are accessible, and it's the rightmost one. The RAM is plugged into that one.
Make and model of your cooler?

+
I'm also brazilian
mind sharing the color of the label on the PSU? Is it grey or green?

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023
Visit site
I hope there are actual pins on the socket for the motherboard...what is the make and model of your case? Did you try breadboarding the motherboard, processor and ram on the motherboard box?

Make and model of your cooler?

+
I'm also brazilian
mind sharing the color of the label on the PSU? Is it grey or green?
There are pins in the socket. They're ok.
What is breadboarding?
The cooler is a Montech metal DT24.
The color of the PSU label is green.

I don't see BIOS flashback in the manual. I see EZ Flash 3 which needs you to SEE bios to update
ANd I see Asus Crashfree BIOS but that just replaces the current one - I guess you could try this but I would contact Asus before flashing it, and see what they suggest. It could be you need to RMA the motherboard.

Mar 20, 2023
Visit site
I don't see BIOS flashback in the manual. I see EZ Flash 3 which needs you to SEE bios to update
ANd I see Asus Crashfree BIOS but that just replaces the current one - I guess you could try this but I would contact Asus before flashing it, and see what they suggest. It could be you need to RMA the motherboard.
I flashed it!! It's working perfectly now!

TRENDING THREADS