Why is skrim the only game to be unplayable on my pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoid

Community Contributor
Are you running any mods?

What trouble shooting steps have you already tried? Loading different saves? Verifying the integrity of your game files? Backing up and reinstalling Skyrim?

Reactions: Oussebon
Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
I'm running no mods, I had a texture pack running but have tried turning that off. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it like 4 or 5 times now, and while the errors only started part way through the game, it still happens if I load a previous save file. I'm not 100% sure how to verify the integrity of the files.

Zoid

Community Contributor
Here is how to verify the integrity of your game files on steam. It usually shouldn't be necessary with a fresh clean install, but it doesn't hurt to try. I'm also assuming you are playing through Steam, which you might not be.

So, you tried a clean install of Skyrim, loaded up an old save from before the glitch started happening, and it was still present there?

When did the glitch start occurring? If you start a new game from a clean install of Skyrim, does the glitch occur then as well?

Reactions: Oussebon
Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
I'll try that as soon as I have time, but yeah clean install, loaded an old save, no luck. New game also doesn't help its like the gpu decided to take a **** but only on this game... haha I don't know if theres some incapability issues. I'm running an amd 580 red devil gpu, ryzen 5c processor.

Is this Oldrim or SSE? Looks like SSE

You say no mods but you had a texture pack - what texture pack?

Is there anything else you've had installed? SKSE, racemenu, an ENB, reshade, anything at all?

What exactly did you do to install and uninstall the texture pack?
And what did you do to clean install the game?
Step by step. It's possible a bad file from the mod is still there.

And also as a bonus - have you tried different anti aliasing settings?

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoid

Zoid

Community Contributor
As @Oussebon says, try to go into detail step by step of how you've gone about uninstalling mods, reinstalling the game, etc. Sometimes it's the little things that can be overlooked and cause a tangle in Bethesda's spaghetti basket that is Skyrim.

Just for fun, try updating your GPU drivers and launching the game in windowed mode with v-sync turned off.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
Maybe you can try to cap your fps but as far as i remember its capped to 60 fps anyway.

Just wondering but could it be your monitor? My monitor attempts to make dark areas darker but it messes up sometimes.

Also try to downgrade your graphics. Im not sure about it but its possible it could help.

Reactions: Kaizer777
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I think you should rotate your monitor 90 degrees counter-clockwise... Joking aside, I'd try setting some framerate caps in the Nvidia control panel to see if that resolves your issue. Anything over 60 is probably a bad idea for Skyrim. I'd also try turning off any ULMB, lightboost, or other fancy features your monitor may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS