Question Why does my AMD Radeon Settings not have an update option?

Nov 19, 2020
Visit site
I recently bought a 2nd hand lenovo laptop with i5 6200u amd radeon r5 m330, but both the intel and the amd drivers seem to be updated. I had an easier time updating the intel, but when it came to the radeon, I don't seem to have the "Updates" button on the bottom of radeon settings screen, and I don't seem to also have the "View Release Notes" option in the Software under the System option. I also tried to download the new version of my R5 M330 (the adrenalin 2020 ed), but when it finishes installing, my mouse seem to load for a bit, then nothing happened, no changes in the radeon settings, no prompt telling me that its finished, or I have to restart, nothing. Is my AMD defective? Perhaps pirated? I need help please. Any and all comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Are you sure there is an update? Some parts don't get new drivers, I would guess especially lower-end ones like the M330. Check in Device Manager for the current version of your driver, then see if AMD offer a newer version—you might have installed the same driver over itself, which would gel with no changes & no other indications.

If the laptop is working to expectation, I wouldn't worry about it.

TRENDING THREADS