Who is your favorite female antagonist?

I've had a bit of a falling out from the Touhou games due to some rather questionable difficulty balancing even on Normal, though I guess this is a good time to mention Saki Kurokoma. Fans of older Touhou games would joke about her resemblance to a certain journalist.
6mYVBPZ.png

Zloth

Community Contributor
We need more evil females
Speak for yourself *shudder*

GLADoS is my favorite, though. Gotta respect anyone that can make you laugh while she kills you.
GLaDOS was my first thought too :)

In fact, she's the only one I can think of from the games I've played. Dispassionate, disembodied, dystopian… yep, dis is de one!

Tough one. Glados and Shodan are both good choices but since they've already been spoken for I'll go for Ravel Puzzlewell from Planescape Torment. Not a primary antagonist but still very much an opponent of the player, and one of the most significant encounters of the game with a huge amount of dialog options and different ways the meeting can go.

GLaDOS was my first thought too :)

GLADoS is my favorite, though. Gotta respect anyone that can make you laugh while she kills you.

I love GLADoS, but GLADoS was a piece of genderless software, and so it doesn't qualify for this. I know we live in an era of gender options, but I refuse to extend that to software. I don't care what gender Windows thinks it is.

/jk

I love GLADoS, but GLADoS was a piece of genderless software, and so it doesn't qualify for this. I know we live in an era of gender options, but I refuse to extend that to software. I don't care what gender Windows thinks it is.
Should i mention how GLaDOS was built from a human's memories and personality? Cuz even if political correctness isn't the highest of one's priorities, the software is technically gendered due to being modeled after a person.

Should i mention how GLaDOS was built from a human's memories and personality? Cuz even if political correctness isn't the highest of one's priorities, the software is technically gendered due to being modeled after a person.

No, it isn't. Personality isn't gender. But that's the last I'm talking about this sensitive subject. As the OP, my decision is final, and I grant GLaDOS the gender of 'female'. :)

Zloth

Community Contributor
A deep, philosophical debate of great interest to today's society - cut off at the knees because it's off topic! ;)

Well, ummm, I think it's best if I pick another one. I wouldn't want to force people into a viewpoint! (OK, so I just want to think through it again. Shush!)

This one has big spoilers for Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines:
Jeanette. I'm not certain she has to be an enemy, but she was for me. Jeanette and her twin sister Therese run the local dance club. They don't get along well at all, and both recruit you to topple the other one's plans. Eventually, the two finally confront each other and... are you really sure you want this spoiled?? It turns out they are the same person. Jeanette has a seriously split personality - split so hard that Therese is about ready to shoot her, without the slightest inkling that she would be shooting herself. The way the dialog played out in the game was masterful! If you like RPGs at all, you really don't want to miss this story!

Shodan was one of the best, but since we're not going the synthetic AI route, the first one that came to mind was Alma, from the 1st Fear game:
5Xn6Qr1.jpg

I've never played Fear 2 or 3 or any of the other games, but I really loved the original Fear. It wasn't really a horror game, but as a shooter during that time period, it excelled. Alma was used, abused, and experimented on her whole life; and she was out to wreak destruction on everyone. She was very similar to Samara from the movie The Ring released a couple years earlier.

My friend and I played a demo for F.E.A.R. on his Xbox 360 when we were like 13 years old. We noped out of there within a minute of a creepy little girl running through the flashlight beam and immediately disappearing.

Probably depends a little on age. I was almost 40 when it released and was disappointed it wasn't scary, although I really enjoyed the game. On the other hand, I was basically the same age and thought Doom 3's first hour or so was pretty terrifying, so I guess some of it just depends on what you find scary.

Reactions: mainer and Pifanjr
My friend and I played a demo for F.E.A.R. on his Xbox 360 when we were like 13 years old. We noped out of there within a minute of a creepy little girl running through the flashlight beam and immediately disappearing.
Well, youngster:D, I was 51 the year it released and played it. Fear did give me a few jump scares, and it definitely had moments that had a very creepy/eerie atmosphere at certain points. I think by that point in my life that my senses were somewhat dulled to horror games/videos/books. I'm so old, I can remember watching the original Friday the 13th movie when it released in theaters. As @ZedClampet said, I think it depends on the individual and the different (and amount of ) horror medium you've been exposed to. There are still things that can weird me out, like spiders. I have severe Arachnophobia.

Well, youngster:D, I was 51 the year it released and played it. Fear did give me a few jump scares, and it definitely had moments that had a very creepy/eerie atmosphere at certain points. I think by that point in my life that my senses were somewhat dulled to horror games/videos/books. I'm so old, I can remember watching the original Friday the 13th movie when it released in theaters. As @ZedClampet said, I think it depends on the individual and the different (and amount of ) horror medium you've been exposed to. There are still things that can weird me out, like spiders. I have severe Arachnophobia.

I'm not a big fan of horror. I happened to see a little bit of It when I was 8 or so and the fear for Pennywise stuck with me for years.

It's gotten a bit better though. I did play through both Amnesia games and while it was pretty intense, it wasn't really scary. Same with Dead Space. I suppose because they're too fantastical to make me afraid of encountering parts of it in real life. I'm still not big on horror movies.

TRENDING THREADS