What is your favorite Point & Click game?

It's been awhile since I played one of these, but I used to enjoy them quite a bit. We're living in a time where several new ones come out each month on PC, generally by small team indie devs, but it used to be that even AAA companies might launch a new Point & Click game.

So thinking about the ones you've played, which was your favorite?

For me, the answer is very easy. It's The Cat Lady.

Released in 2012, it happens to be on sale for $2.99 right now as I'm posting. But this game was absolutely brilliant. The developer, Remiguisz Michalski, did a remarkable job as primarily a solo developer for his studio, Harvester Games (Poland and UK). The game is a thoughtful, psychological horror game with a fantastic narrative that is performed by some very talented voice actors. Speaking of voice actors, Michalski seems to have become sort of the Woody Allen of game developers with voice actors wanting to participate in his projects.

If you are interested in more info on Michalski, who now lives in the UK, or the game The Cat Lady, you can check out this interview.

I probably have 4 to pick from which would be a fav today—so ignoring all the old Lucas etc classics which were great in their time.

Firewatch is #1. Great art style, sound, setting, and it creates a wonderful atmosphere very well. It can be short 4-5 hours, but it's really a game to chill and relax, take your time.

The Deed is #2. Very short ~2 hours, but has replay value. Unique concept for me where your task is to get away with murder—plan it, execute it, frame someone. Great fun!

Gone Home is #3. Very short 2-3 hours without much scope for wandering—you're walking around an empty house piecing things together. Set ~30 years ago, it's definitely its own thing, worth it on sale.

Hero of the Kingdom series is #4, but can be #1 if you value a good long game/series—each of the 3 games are in the 5-10 hour range. You're wandering the land saving your father or sister or the kingdom itself in #3, my least fav of the trilogy.
There are also 2 more 'follow up' titles HotK The Lost Tales 1 & 2—get on sale if you loved 1-3, else skip.

I probably have 4 to pick from which would be a fav today—so ignoring all the old Lucas etc classics which were great in their time.

Firewatch is #1. Great art style, sound, setting, and it creates a wonderful atmosphere very well. It can be short 4-5 hours, but it's really a game to chill and relax, take your time.

The Deed is #2. Very short ~2 hours, but has replay value. Unique concept for me where your task is to get away with murder—plan it, execute it, frame someone. Great fun!

Gone Home is #3. Very short 2-3 hours without much scope for wandering—you're walking around an empty house piecing things together. Set ~30 years ago, it's definitely its own thing, worth it on sale.

Hero of the Kingdom series is #4, but can be #1 if you value a good long game/series—each of the 3 games are in the 5-10 hour range. You're wandering the land saving your father or sister or the kingdom itself in #3, my least fav of the trilogy.
There are also 2 more 'follow up' titles HotK The Lost Tales 1 & 2—get on sale if you loved 1-3, else skip.
The only problem with your list is that Firewatch isn't a Point&Click, and I don't think Gone Home is, either. Walking Simulators? Maybe.

The definition of P&C that I found was unhelpful and would include nearly every game, saying that you click on things/characters with your mouse, so I'm going to start with a disqualifier: WASD movement.

Anyway, I enjoyed Firewatch and The Deed quite a bit, although I may replay The Deed since I only played through it once for about 15 minutes. I have a note that says my ending was "We have no evidence against anyone, but we're going to put you in prison anyway." Despite that, I noted that I enjoyed it and intended to play through it some more. Haven't played the other two.

9Jch0qG.png

So The Cat Lady is a FPS/VR game?

I dont do P&C games anymore but my favorites from the past would be Timelapse (which should absolutely get a remaster like Myst) then Riven then Titanic, in that order.

beneath a steel sky. Fantastic dystopian future with a side of humor to go along with it.

i played the cat lady and i got to say it was good. it gave me one of those early morning/late night education program vibes. it had some seriously shocking moments in that game. i've got a couple of the other ones i need to play.

honorable mention goes to Toonstruck. didn't get the credit it deserved, maybe it wasn't that good or something? i enjoyed it and the wacky humor and Christopher lloyd made things better.

Titanic: Adventure Out of Time was my wife's favourite game, she was absolutely obsessed with that game as a kid for a while.
My brother the coder worked for them when they were in Knoxville. No idea what happened to them after they moved to California. Said they couldn't find people with the right skills here.

At least, I think we're talking about the same Titanic game. This was a long time ago. Seems like a long time ago anyway, and you all are pretty young.

Edit: Just looked it up. That's the right game. Came out in 1996. CyberFlix was the company's name. So almost 30 years ago.

Last edited:
The only problem with your list is that Firewatch isn't a Point&Click, and I don't think Gone Home is, either. Walking Simulators? Maybe.
Firewatch was more of a game than Gone Home, but neither is point & click... walking simulators is right term.

take your pick - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Point-and-click_adventure_games
index doesn't make sense, clearly their formating can't cope with multiple page lists all that well. The next/previous page choices aren't very obvious either.
I guess Five nights at Freddies does count..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts