Question Which video game you can play for 2-3 months daily without boring?

I never played pvp. I played wow every day for about 3 years just doing pve. Then I stopped when I realised I could be doing something else with my time. Which was... play another MMO... but after 2 of those I haven't gone back (if I ignore FF13 on the PS3)

I splurge on games, I will play a game for a month or two non stop (well, apart from sleep) and then I won't play another game for a period of time. Currently inbetween again. Have games I could play but I just don't want to. Played more games this year than normal. When the count for some years is 0, this one is a stand out.

i didn't see anything in question about when games were released.

I can understand if you're not a native English speaker, it's easy to miss the present tense in:

game you can play

But who wants to be that guy, so…

Civilization 4—probably put ~5 constant years into that with only minor digressions.

Command and Conquer blew me away in '95, it was such an advance in a genre I love—I probably kept playing it for ~a year.

Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour—the Generals Challenge took me a summer.

Far Cry was my first open world shooter, which also drew me in for months to begin with.

Well since I played some of these games for years.
Day of Defeat, Movie Battles 2, Battlefield 1942, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3 and 4, Diablo 1, 2 and 3, Mission Force Cyberstorm, League Of Legends ARAM, Outer Worlds, Tour Of Duty, Deep Rock Galactic, Fortnite, Cyberpunk, Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3.

There's a few more I think but that's a good list = P

Reactions: Brian Boru
I can understand if you're not a native English speaker, it's easy to miss the present tense in:

Which video game you can play for 2-3 months daily without boring

I can play any of the games I listed above in the past, future or current. That sentence doesn't include a particular time period. If its about games you haven't played yet, how do you know? Everyone is different, what bores one person in 2-3 months might be totally compelling to someone else. I mean, people actually enjoy Farming Simulators and I would prefer to die that play one at all.

• Love

Zloth

Community Contributor
Any good games that are long enough to last me 2 or 3 months and good enough to keep me playing. Let's see, 90 days, a couple of hours a day... I'll look for games that took over 200 hours for a playthrough.

X4: Foundations and X3: Terran Conflict did it. They're pretty niche games but, if you're in that niche.... wow!

Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. I played them purely as turn-based, so my hours got inflated a lot.

Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children. That plays a lot like XCOM only with vastly more build options and a JRPG-like story (it's actually South Korean).

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. With the DLC included, that game is HUGE.

MMO's can keep you going for YEARS, never mind a few months. Those are more about hanging out with your friends, though. Playing solo or with random people every time is going to get boring fast.

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
Stardew Valley is one of the interesting games that I played for a long time. In particular, due to the fact that you are constantly improving your buildings, creating and investigating. Let's just say that it is not monotonous enough.

It kind of depends on how many hours your playing each week. ARPG's like Path of Exile and Diablo 4 have 3 month long seasons but you can usually do in less depending on your experience and what you consider complete.

Probably not daily but American Truck Simulator or Euro Truck Simulator 2. I usually play these whilst listening to Tech/Gaming podcasts.

Big open world games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim both have lots of extra story mods.

I would get bored playing every day and it would potentially have made my love for the game stop completely or at least while being fatigued from playing it to much. Playing less actually makes it more fun the next time I play, because I have something to really look forward to. I also have some traditions, like playing Alien Isolation at Christmas with my nephews, so there you have a game I like but the waiting time also makes it fun, like an extra present you know you'll be opening.

I would get bored playing every day and it would potentially have made my love for the game stop completely or at least while being fatigued from playing it to much.

Exactly!

Playing less actually makes it more fun the next time I play, because I have something to really look forward to.

Wait, no, wrong. Games are meant to be played for at least one hour every day for about 1-2 weeks, after which you get bored with it and move on to the next game.

I hammer every game i buy until i complete it , if its a game with no ending i carrying on using it for about 6 months then have a change. For the last 2 years i have been hammering satisfactory almost everyday but i have done a few other things whilst waiting for them to add something new. They have had a lot of problems to sort out since unreal 5 was added , that said , i cant remember the last time they added new content.

TRENDING THREADS