Question Which Game You're Playing Right Now?

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I've got the EE edition of NW on Steam, so that may be my next destination. Thanks for reminding me!

A little advice. :) Stay away from the original campaign and jump straight into the expansion packs. The OC is boring and unnecessary stretched in time. At first I was planning to revisit the OC as well, but decided to skip it during the first chapter. It's an unsuccessful Diablo-like experiment. A better idea is to play some of the community modules rather than this. Besides that Hordes of the Underdark are meant to be played with a character from Shadows of Undrentide not from the OC. While SoU campaign is quite solid, HotU shows a glimpse of BioWare's genius. A must play for every RPG fan!

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Everytime I try to come back to NWN I feel "forced" to start with the original campaign. I enjoy starting from level 1 and climbing the ladder - I totally get lost if I have to start with high level character and I feel like it's "not mine". Thus everytime I give NWN a new go, I start a new and promptly get bored within next 10hours or so.
On the other hand I really liked the character creation and progression system, so restarting with a new char is something I do quite often.

Maybe I should try multiplayer OC with someone, that could bring some life into it.

On the topic, still playing Ancestors Legacy and having fun with second campaign. Also managing my team in Football Manager, came from 3rd French league into playing 2nd time in a row in Champions League in a matter of 6-7 years. But man is 3-5-2 a risky thing to still try - but I refuse to give up on that.

Also, eff PSG. Every time they're NOT winning a single game, the whole league celebrates. I swear my long-term target is to win at least ONE league so PSG doesn't :D

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Everytime I try to come back to NWN I feel "forced" to start with the original campaign. I enjoy starting from level 1 and climbing the ladder - I totally get lost if I have to start with high level character and I feel like it's "not mine". Thus everytime I give NWN a new go, I start a new and promptly get bored within next 10hours or so.
On the other hand I really liked the character creation and progression system, so restarting with a new char is something I do quite often.

Actually in the Shadows of Undrentide you start from the first level, so skipping OC is a lot easier. Anyway, I have the same thoughts. It's hard for me to identify with a character that starts on a higher level.

I've been playing a lot of co-op Civilization 6 recently so I haven't made a ton of progress on my singleplayer games, but I have been chipping away at STar Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. I've got to say that I'm really impressed. It is quite excellent and I'm not really even a fan of Star Wars. The story and characters are strong, the environments are beautiful, the puzzles are well crafted and that combat overall feels good. I'm over half way through at this point and unless there is a dramatic change I would strongly recommend it.

I'd just like to ask anyone that's getting RE8 at launch, since I may wait for a sale, if you like it and how it compares to RE7?

So far, most of what I've seen in reviews sounds good, but I've heard there are some possible issues, like weak bosses, and repetitious and predictable main characters.

That said, I love that they're bringing back elements of RE4, like valuables you can scavenge and trade in for money, and a vendor to trade with and buy weapons from. You can even hunt animals to permanently upgrade your health,

Last edited:
Hexcells Plus. I beat the first one ages ago and after playing Portal Reloaded I realized just how badly I needed some logic in these ambiguous times.

If you've never played it, it is a simple logic puzzle game that basically plays like Minesweeper on a hex grid. Unlike Minesweeper the rules that tell you where mines are change in new interesting ways.

For example, instead of showing how many mines are next to a revealed point, there may be a number outside of the grid that tells you how man total mines there are in that column. Numbers surrounded by "~" indicate that the cells around them are adjacent, while "-" means they are NOT all adjacent. All of these tidbits of information create complex interactions that are just waiting to be discovered.

There is never a time when you need to guess. Simply look at the web of rules the game gives you and bang your two rocks together until you find the right play. A new section becomes uncovered followed by several obvious moves, then maybe you tease out a less obvious choice before running into a wall and starting the whole process over again.

It's a satisfying loop perpetuated by immaculately designed puzzles.

Last edited:
Hexcells Plus
I played that a few years ago, very well designed. Only $3 on Steam, great value for a puzzle itch:

There's a similar genre called Nonograms which might also appeal—my GF likes the Rainbow Mosaics series, it's on BigFish and maybe elsewhere.

I recently looked up Sherlock again for my logic puzzle fix.

I think I'll have to look up rules for that. I did launch it but without a manual I did the jackie chan confused face and ran away when my browser felt like it was lagging.

I played that a few years ago, very well designed. Only $3 on Steam, great value for a puzzle itch:

There's a similar genre called Nonograms which might also appeal—my GF likes the Rainbow Mosaics series, it's on BigFish and maybe elsewhere.

I'll check thoes out. Thank you!

I think I'll have to look up rules for that. I did launch it but without a manual I did the jackie chan confused face and ran away when my browser felt like it was lagging.

Oh yeah, I didn't check if the game had a manual included. There's only a few rules and I managed to find an explanation:

A vertical clue tell the player that two squares are or are not in the same column. There are five types of horizontal clues. The "is next to" and "is not next to" clue says that two tiles are or are not adjacent to each other, but it doesn't say which one is on the left and on the right. The "is left of" clue (middle tile is yellow with 3 dots) says that one tile is to the left of another tile, but it doesn't say how far or close to the left.

The "is between" clue (three tiles with two sided arrow) says that three tiles are adjacent but this can be from left to right or from right to left. The "is not between" says the same except that the middle tile is not between the other two.
Source: https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/sherlock_

EDIT: apparently this game isn't as abandoned as I thought. It seems the creator made an app out of it and the last update is from the beginning of this year: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kaser.sherlockzen

EDIT2: The official site has a free (limited) version available for download: http://www.kaser.com/sherwin.html. I also changed the link in my previous post to this website.

Last edited:
Just started a new Warhammer 2 co-op campaign after my friend lost the save for the previous one when his Windows installation got corrupted and he had to reinstall.

I'm now playing as the Dwarf that has cheaper Slayers and it's going very well. My friend is playing as Balthasar Gelt and has managed to get one of his spells to cost only 1 Wind of Magic. We did an entire siege that was just his lord spamming that spell a hundred times in a row until his Winds of Magic ran out. His lord killed over 1700 units this way.

Bouncing between Halo CE and Crying Suns. Never had an Xbox so Halo is something I've missed out on mostly until these enhanced editions and the hype is justified in this case. Halo 1 is a lot harder than Reach, even playing on a lower difficulty, the Flood are way harder to deal with than the Covenant.

Crying Suns has been on my radar for a while and it was on sale the other day so I picked it up. Games fun, nice pixel art style and some FTL-like gameplay with a story clearly inspired by a lot of science fiction literature that I've loved over the years. Interested to see how it plays out in the end, just flubbed my first run so have to start again.

Just started a new Warhammer 2 co-op campaign after my friend lost the save for the previous one when his Windows installation got corrupted and he had to reinstall.

I'm now playing as the Dwarf that has cheaper Slayers and it's going very well. My friend is playing as Balthasar Gelt and has managed to get one of his spells to cost only 1 Wind of Magic. We did an entire siege that was just his lord spamming that spell a hundred times in a row until his Winds of Magic ran out. His lord killed over 1700 units this way.

I've spent a lot of time in TW Warhammer and 2, actually played a lot of the multiplayer and was fairly decent for a while. 3 is looking like its going to be really good.

Crying Suns has been on my radar for a while and it was on sale the other day so I picked it up. Games fun, nice pixel art style and some FTL-like gameplay with a story clearly inspired by a lot of science fiction literature that I've loved over the years. Interested to see how it plays out in the end, just flubbed my first run so have to start again.

I really enjoyed playing Crying Suns. The story and world building is pretty decent, good enough to keep me playing for quite a while. Until I started playing Warhammer and became somewhat obsessed.

I would like to finish it at some point though.

I really enjoyed playing Crying Suns. The story and world building is pretty decent, good enough to keep me playing for quite a while. Until I started playing Warhammer and became somewhat obsessed.

I would like to finish it at some point though.

I'm intrigued to find out what happened, lets see if I make it that far with it if the runs get too repetitive I might not be intrigued enough.

I was in a TW Warhammer hole almost exclusively for almost a year from the end of 2016 to the end of 2017 and sporadically after that, there's a whole lot of game still that I haven't even touched.

I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn lately and overall it has been excellent. The story has kept me really interested throughout and the world is well-crafted. I will say that I don't find the combat particularly great; certainly not horrible but it's not a highlight of the game for me. I think the stealth game works pretty well, though. Overall despite the relatively minor problems I have with the game the fact remains that it is better than most imo. Really a rock solid story and I have remarked during my play time that it is impressive that devs were able to integrate the high tech stuff with old human civilization extremely well. I'm about finished at this point but not quite yet.

Since I have a bit of free time the next two weeks or some, I've started playing the Mass Effect Legendary Edition as well. I never played the original ME trilogy so I'm really excited. So for I've been glued to the monitor so I'm pretty stoked to continue playing. It has been really immersive so far.

Last edited:
May 17, 2021
Visit site
I really like strategies, including RTS. I've been a Total War fan since I played Empire Total War. When I was young I used to collect Warhammer figures (Vampire Counts) and that is why every Warhammer Total War is a must for me. I recommend very good games. Although the thread is about what games I play right now, it's still EVE online - my fav

Reactions: Pifanjr
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS