Question Whea Internal Parity Error on 10850K stock.

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Hi my pc:
108500K stock 4800mhz
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium
Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC
Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming
1 TB SSD

My pc i have 6 months,never had any WHEAS. I tested Control, Quake 2 rtx, Metro Exodus,3dmark port royal,battlefield 5,Serious Sam 4 and other games. No Wheas during 6 months,no bsods,no crashes.

My system is updated to newest Win 10 H20.

Today i run again Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition for 6 hours. After exiting game i check event logs and saw 1 WHEA Internal Parity Error.

The exact WHEA 19 was like this:

error source: unknown error source error type: internal parity error processor ir: 3

And my question is why one single WHEA appeared after 6 months on stock cpu?!

I have only XMP on. But memtest no errors. Rma cpu then?

whea.jpg

MciStat0x9000004000010005
It just popped after 7 hours in Metro Exodus.
I run Metro Exodus again for 10 hours no whea. Then again for 15 hours and no whea. So no worries about that once fluke?

Reactions: Gaming6729&
just in case it becomes actual errors

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

no worries about that once fluke?
If this was a serious question, that would be my initial thought. My Event Viewer is littered with errors, but my PC runs just fine, no problems working or gaming.

However, you should find a wealth of info in the many forums this identical question has been posted on before, eg:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/nnb6k3/whea_internal_parity_error_on_10850k_stock/

Reactions: Gaming6729&
Event viewer isn't ideal place to look for hardware errors, it can be helpful but most of the time, errors or warnings in there can be ignored as they could be 1 off errors that never happen again.
WHEA = Windows Hardware error Architecture... I answer BSOD posts on tom's Hardware. Its not my most favorite BSOD (I don't think I do have a fav)

Microsoft reduced many of them to just warnings as unscrupulous people would use it to con people into things based on all these errors on their otherwise perfectly normal system
Same applies to Reliability History, it can make PC seem worse than it is.

I try not to look in either.

I actually used event viewer earlier tonight as i sometimes get a weird shutdown and I wanted to see what might be cause. Only 1 event showed around the time. So I wonder if I fixed it.

Reactions: Hidayat

TRENDING THREADS