Whats your storage space like?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Yep, agree with this. It's like putting Windows on a drive other than C:—sure you can do it, but you're setting yourself up for weird problems down the road.
weird... drivers are precoded in a lot of cases to install on C. It would be an interesting experiment.
old programs also might assume they on C. and some are hard coded to use C drive for settings etc.

I am more curious how you managed to get Windows onto another drive apart from C as it picks first drive letter in install process, and A/B set aside for floppy.
asking Google how to install windows on A: drive gets answers to the question: How to install windows on a drive... I want to go back to the days before Google messed up how a search engine should work. They need competition. Its just a sales engine now...

Mar 1, 2024
Visit site
How much space you working with? I need to do some cleaning.

ieZMzHy.png

Reactions: Brian Boru
how you managed to get Windows onto another drive apart from C as it picks first drive letter in install process

It's a long time back—if I recall correctly, Win2000 was one so other was either 98SE or XP during its early teenage [ie PITA] years.

But you can still do it today, just select Custom Installation during setup. It would help if you pre-make the boot partition on the second drive.

I remember that I selected which OS to launch during boot—with a time-delay default—I assume that's still available these days. PS—Wiki.

Reactions: Pifanjr
There is a way to create an installer so it uses specific directories and only does what you tell it. Its not the custom installer method Google shows as that doesn't do same thing. It just lets you delete the partitions, and choose what drive to install on, but not what the drive letter will be.
I have seen it but I can't think of right name for it now. Its for system admin of companies to install it on many PC and not need to set every one up individually.

for system admin of companies to install it on many PC

Only way I know of is to:
♣ put Win install files on a network server
♦ do an install and setup, customization, install software etc, on one PC
♥ Make a disc image, put on server
♠ deploy other PC installs by putting the image on them

There's also an ISO method—I haven't looked at that, should be very similar.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts