Whats your favourite game and what would you like to see added to it.

As most of you regulars know since october 2020 i have been hammering satisfactory and i find something to do on it everyday , i have used other games as well but my go to game is satisfactory.

So what would i like to see added to it...... you can collect something called somer sloops and mercer spheres and you can also mine SAM ore , in the case of all 3 items i have been collecting them now since i began using the game and the devs are not giving any indication if or when they will have a use.

At xmas time they have a rewards calendar and you can get super computers and superposition oscillators but yet again they dont have a use.

On a youtube video at the beginning of the year the devs said no updates this year until the game is finally called 1.0 .... finished ????

From looking at steam figures the number of players on it has plummeted ... i guess they are fed up waiting for something to happen or like myself have run out of things to do.

In my first playthrough i used 100+ milestones mod but some parts of my game got messed up ....... my wish would be for the devs to add the mod to the main game as it contains as much as the main game but i just know that this wont happen.

In Civilization 4 and 6, I would love to see a mechanism to combine cities into a larger group, eg Region or Province. This to reduce the tedium in the later game when you could have 20-25 cities needing attention.

The usual workaround of setting a load of 'em to produce Science, Gold or Culture all the time isn't ideal.
Civ 5 doesn't need this as wider civs are penalized.

In Civilization 4 and 6, I would love to see a mechanism to combine cities into a larger group, eg Region or Province. This to reduce the tedium in the later game when you could have 20-25 cities needing attention.

The usual workaround of setting a load of 'em to produce Science, Gold or Culture all the time isn't ideal.

Doesn't Civ 4 have an option to let the AI control what a city builds? I vaguely remember that being a thing.

Edit: I looked it up in the manual and there is indeed an option in the city screen to have the production and citizen management done by the AI. You can also indicate what the AI should focus on (like production, commerce, research, etc.)

Last edited:
I don't have one favourite game, but according to Steam the game I've played the most is Skyrim. And the one thing I think Skyrim could really use is a better combat system. And it doesn't need to be more complex, it just needs to be more satisfying.

Therefore I suggest replacing Skyrim's combat system with the combat system from Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, the most satisfying combat system ever. We already know that the most satisfying thing to do in Skyrim is to Fus Ro Dah things off of a cliff, so why not lean into that? Giants catapulting things into the stratosphere with their clubs was amazing. Skyrim needs more ragdolls flying around.

Also, ice spells should create slippery patches on the floor that NPCs slip on. Nazeem would spend so much time on the ground.

Actually, you know what else was really cool? The fire mechanics in Far Cry 3. Fire spells should be able to start proper fires that spread through grass and trees.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Well, Witcher 3 is my favorite RPG, but I don't know what to change with it - especially given the facelift it got recently. X4 can use plenty of work, though. Something to make the AI smarter would be great. Maybe if they could make a virus program for us that we could put on other PCs so we can steal their CPU cycles? People that find the things will just blame it on crypto-miners, so it should be safe. <grinning, ducking, running>

Not enough to stop me!

Doesn't Civ 4 have an option to let the AI control what a city builds?

Yes, 4, 5, 6 have this among many other automation options—explore, fight, city site, worker jobs etc etc. So much can be automated, but is almost always weaker than personal management. But yeah, it should be ok for the purpose I mentioned, I never gave it much thought.

Not enough to stop me!

Seriously? Can 5 go wide now? Is that with a mod?
I kinda gave up on it so am not aware of later changes.

May 13, 2024
Visit site
X-Wing from back in the day. For the longest time I was hoping they'd create a newer version. I got my wish with Star Wars: Squadrons, and VR capability to boot! I almost got teary-eyed the first time I piloted an X-Wing near a medical frigate. <sniffle>

Squadrons is up there now for me in place of X-Wing, mainly because of VR. But I would like to see it get a better resource management system. I know it wasn't exactly a direct sequel or remake/reboot of the X-Wing games, but Squadrons feels closer to an arcade game than a combat sim by comparison for this reason as it's a simpler design.

But what I really would like would be a space-faring RPG type game where you could pick a, uhhh, profession, in the Star Wars universe (e.g., spice runner flying a YT-1300 ;) ) with a space combat system like X-Wing/Squadrons, and also VR capability as an option like Squadrons.

Last edited:
As most of you regulars know since october 2020 i have been hammering satisfactory and i find something to do on it everyday , i have used other games as well but my go to game is satisfactory.

So what would i like to see added to it...... you can collect something called somer sloops and mercer spheres and you can also mine SAM ore , in the case of all 3 items i have been collecting them now since i began using the game and the devs are not giving any indication if or when they will have a use.

At xmas time they have a rewards calendar and you can get super computers and superposition oscillators but yet again they dont have a use.

On a youtube video at the beginning of the year the devs said no updates this year until the game is finally called 1.0 .... finished ????

From looking at steam figures the number of players on it has plummeted ... i guess they are fed up waiting for something to happen or like myself have run out of things to do.

In my first playthrough i used 100+ milestones mod but some parts of my game got messed up ....... my wish would be for the devs to add the mod to the main game as it contains as much as the main game but i just know that this wont happen.
No, they won't add that mod. You should start a 2nd game with mods. When they come out with the 1.0 update, go back to playing your first game until the mods get updated. Personally, I can't believe people have played only 1 playthrough this whole time.

I thought of one. In V Rising you gather helpers by turning humans into vampires and then you can equip them and send them on missions all over the map. I think we have 18 in our current game. They bring back critical supplies.

But they it's really cool and fun if you get to fight with them on your side. This is currently only possible if you catch enemies right in front of your castle while some of the helpers happen to have wandered outside or if you build a monster spawner inside your base. If would be really cool if you could take one helper with you when you go on missions so he/she could tag along and fight with you. Unfortunately, that would completely destroy the balance of the game, so this would probably have to be a mod.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Seriously? Can 5 go wide now? Is that with a mod?
I kinda gave up on it so am not aware of later changes.
It's been a while and (not surprisingly) I don't have many screenshots to help jog my memory, but I remember the whole push to get you to not become too sprawling as more of a nuisance than a real empire stopper. Like, I would need to dump a lot more into entertainment and general happiness, but I would still be able to expand to the point of the other empires' borders just fine. And remember I like playing on big worlds with just two or three other empires.

I'm sure some searching will give you better information on how wide you can get.

May 17, 2024
Visit site
I gotta say my favorite game has to be "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild." It's got this massive open world, tons of puzzles, and just endless things to discover. If I could add something to it, I'd probably want more story-driven content or maybe some cool new dungeons with unique mechanics. And hey, maybe even some multiplayer action where you could explore Hyrule with friends!

I'll throw in the one of the few RTS games i loved: World in Conflict. What do i want to see? Well a sequel for starters. With the US successfully defeating the russian's and reclaiming seattle and driving the russian's off US soil, there is much left to see and do. China was going to enter the war and the war in europe is ongoing. Perhaps the ending would have been a lot more difficult to conclude, but plenty of scope for maybe one more game...

Also dont have 1 favorite, so ill go with the game i have played the most and was a pretty big favorite of mine in recent memory, and thats Destiny 2 and there are a TON of things id change about it.

One big thing i would do though, to keep this simple, is for Bungie to re-release the first year of content of the game but with updated enemies, weapons, armors, abilities etc. This would be for a lot of players that missed that first year of content, or didnt get into Destiny 2 until after all that content was pulled from the game never to be seen again. I would gladly run through that stuff again even as a veteran.

Im going to throw one more in here. That is to completely change their transmog system. As it plays right now, each character is limited to 10 bounties that have to be completed that, when completed, you get a token to use to unlock 1 PIECE OF ARMOR TRANSMOG. So essentially you only get to unlock 2 sets of armors per season (which last 3-6 months). So not only do you have to do quests JUST to be able to use 1 transmog look on your guardian, you can only do 10.

This system should be eradicated and should just become rewards for completing content in the game. Its just another useless quest giving aspect that doesnt need to be there.

TRENDING THREADS