What's the most hours you've spent playing a single game?

Next to my almost 11K hours in Rust :p , I got around 3K hours in WoW. That is the most I have ever played in a game. I'm not sure why, but when I look at my WoW transaction history, it does not show anything older than my Diablo 3 purchase from 19.07.12. It might have something to do with the redesign of the BlizzAccount.
PqpfWRS.jpg

Last edited:
According to Steam, it's Civilization V:
4RvLrUo.jpg

I noticed the total hours of Skyrim Special Edition got reset when it updated to the Anniversary Edition though, so I might have had more hours in there, though it's probably similar.

I've never really stuck with any game for very long, so I doubt there are non-Steam games that vastly surpass 500+ hours, though there's probably some that at least come close.

I don't have the specifics because this was on the Xbox 360, but The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will easily be in the thousands of hours, as I'd played it religiously for years on end. On the PC version, including Morroblivion I have 177 hours clocked. On Steam however, the most hours I've put into a game is with Total War: Warhammer II for the obvious reasons of it being grand strategy with hugely diverse armies and lots of army-fantasy. Might play that in a bit, tbh.

This is wrong as I played game before it went on Steam
Torchlight 2
LHcAqW1.jpg

its probably a few more hundred hours. I don't know.

I played Sacred 2 for 3 years... I can't show any record of it as it was before it hit steam
I play games for a long time but I think Sacred 2 likely longest. I just have no proof apart from my character files.
I played wow for 2 or more years, spent over 1 year of ingame time at lvl 60. that was fun. Before expansions.
I played Age of Conan for about 3 years I guess.
I played Diablo 2 for a few years. it was start of ARPG journey.

For those that had read some of my posts, this isn't surprising lol. This doesn't cover the 1,000 hours or so ive spent on the game when it was under battle.net. Id also like to add that theres a good 500-700 hours of idle time in there and to the Destiny 2 community these numbers are rookie numbers lol. So all-in-all, roughly 4.5 - 5k hours. And thats just Destiny 2, i never played Destiny, also i am a leader/founder of a full rostered clan so playing with new players/clan members is all apart of the fun.

JZOEgQM.png

Last edited:
Path of exile by a country mile. just under 1450hours.

The leagues just breath life to the game every time and are quite significant features so its in my best interest to play it. The end game is strangely addictive. Never beat it mind, but enough to keep me occupied each time. generally its probably the challenges of each league with a chance of loot that keeps me going. But if there isn't any good loot or the league is a bit naff, i quit sooner rather then later.

Last edited:
Path of exile by a country mile. just under 1450hours.

The leagues just breath life to the game every time and are quite significant features so its in my best interest to play it. The end game is strangely addictive. Never beat it mind, but enough to keep me occupied each time. generally its probably the challenges of each league with a chance of loot that keeps me going. But if there isn't any good loot or the league is a bit naff, i quit sooner rather then later.

I would have the same amount, if not more in PoE. I love ARPGs but was sucked into others at the time of PoE's release (Diablo 3 mainly) and didnt even start a character until mid-2019 after exhausting other ARPG's like Grim Dawn that steam had and i just felt like ive missed so much lol. Great game though. I will for sure be checking out PoE 2 which will probably be better than Diablo 4

First I have to say: Holy Moly @Frindis! (Edit. that'll teach me to scan I've just seen your carefully forged numbers)

I just pipped my most played game recently with Battle Brothers at 400 odd (and I'm still bad at it), but if you add together my time in Total War Warhammer 1 and 2 its about 720 and they're the same game really, right?

Sorry for screwed up screen grabs cant be bothered to re-edit.

bwbkBL2.png

goJYKRi.png

nfO8iGt.png

In the last 10 years anyway, before I really used Steam no way to know and I had more time when i was younger. Pretty sure nothing would be near 11k hours though.

Last edited:
I could try to check my lifetime Runescape/Old School Runescape play time across all my accounts but I would probably be deeply disturbed so I will refrain from doing that :ROFLMAO:. Let's just say it is well over 5,000 hours and leave it at that. World of Warcraft is roughly 1,000 hours if I only count my main. Other than those two I really don't have a great idea. Some of my most played games were (mostly) on console (e.g., Borderlands 2, Halo 3, OG Modern Warfare).

do you have receipts?
My gaming accountant keeps those—can't reach her at the moment, sorry.

However… most of my Steam numbers are vastly inflated as I alt-tab in and out of games as life demands. In one of those vagaries of nature, life almost never demands that I alt-tab into a game :(

19,000 hours … Don't ask me how
How?
I knew guys on CivFanatics forum, Civ was the only game they played. They had a major lot of hours accumulated…

Mine would be Civ 4, which was my dominant game for ~5 years, and is still an annual play for a month or so, so somewhere over 2,000 hours. I wouldn't have anything else over 1,000.

@Ryzengang 200+ hours here. Runescape is the game that popped my "Oh, it's probably just a party room cherry" If you get fked in Runescape, you are golden for life or you have to make a new account, most likely both.

@Kaamos_Llama Forged? I will have none of that. I put my blood sweat and tears into those numbers! Just because I can't paint, does not mean you, you, you can't have art! Insert faint kappa face.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I remember estimating my time in City of Heroes at something like 10,000 hours. That's an MMO, though, so much of it was really about having fun with friends. I got multiple characters to level 50 and kept playing those characters even after they topped out.

For single player....
full

(Witcher 3 is the biggest on GoG, which clocked in at 193 hours.)
(X3:TC may be a little larger than shown - I can't remember if Steam was logging hours played when I started.)

I would have the same amount, if not more in PoE. I love ARPGs but was sucked into others at the time of PoE's release (Diablo 3 mainly) and didnt even start a character until mid-2019 after exhausting other ARPG's like Grim Dawn that steam had and i just felt like ive missed so much lol. Great game though. I will for sure be checking out PoE 2 which will probably be better than Diablo 4

I was in a similar situation. I got into the alpha shrugged it off after playing the content on offer thinking that it showed promise but wasn't going to be anything good. Fast forward 5 years after PCG announced a new league i decided to jump in as the trailer suggested that a lot had changed. Boy howdy a hell of a lot things were added and changed. it was absolutely stunned that this game was Free and put other publishers like blizzard to shame with its additional content, features, constant improvements and (practically) no p2w mechanics.

Part of my problem with most ARPGs is that they offered very little to hold me personally. Stuff like newgame+ and running endless dungeons was utterly pointless for me. Sure i get more powerful loot, but that scales with enemies so you're not really gaining anything. Story hasn't changed either so its just playing the game again. PoE was more compelling then that. The gem mechanic was different to class based so i could make a variety of builds yet not be restricted to architypes. The game was also a lot faster with smaller maps, travel skills and generally more control. Stuff like Grim dawn didn't have a travel skill implemented until much later and even then it was restrictive. GGG kept feature creeping stuff. Perhaps too much stuff. but thats to be expected in a f2p game.

That said, recent changes by GGG have certainly done a lot to torch the good will of the community the recent scourage league was awful and added practically nothing and the meta changes have pissed a lot of people off.

I've got 3550 hours in Warframe. At some point I got exhausted by how grindy some of the new content was (to get this one item, I calculated that the best case scenario had me doing the 15 minute mission 107 times--but that was the absolute best case scenario) and just quit playing.

They have a great community, but I ended up playing by myself most of the time mainly because I was doing things other people didn't want to do and doing them in ways they would have scoffed at. For instance, when people wanted to level a weapon, there was one map they grouped up and went to, and it would take approximately forever to level your weapon to max (they were efficient at killing things, but not at earning weapon XP). Also, you were expected to play a certain frame and fulfil certain duties. But meanwhile I had a way of leveling my weapons by myself in 10 to 12 minutes, and I could play any frame I wanted. Pretty much every goal was like that. Players thought there was a right way and a wrong way to approach everything, and they expected you to follow along, but their methods were actually not the best.

I've got 3550 hours in Warframe. At some point I got exhausted by how grindy some of the new content was (to get this one item, I calculated that the best case scenario had me doing the 15 minute mission 107 times--but that was the absolute best case scenario) and just quit playing.

They have a great community, but I ended up playing by myself most of the time mainly because I was doing things other people didn't want to do and doing them in ways they would have scoffed at. For instance, when people wanted to level a weapon, there was one map they grouped up and went to, and it would take approximately forever to level your weapon to max (they were efficient at killing things, but not at earning weapon XP). Also, you were expected to play a certain frame and fulfil certain duties. But meanwhile I had a way of leveling my weapons by myself in 10 to 12 minutes, and I could play any frame I wanted. Pretty much every goal was like that. Players thought there was a right way and a wrong way to approach everything, and they expected you to follow along, but their methods were actually not the best.
Man, a long time ago my oldest son told me I should play that game, and I never did try it out. I need to try it sometime. I guarantee I won't be grinding for 3550 hours, though.

Man, a long time ago my oldest son told me I should play that game, and I never did try it out. I need to try it sometime. I guarantee I won't be grinding for 3550 hours, though.
It starts out simple enough. You follow along the missions on the different planets and moons. You soon start to realize, however, that there's a lot more to the game than you are seeing. The amount of content is astonishing. They don't delete content as they add new, like Destiny 2 does, and they've been around for almost 9 years now. Unless you play with someone experienced, expect to use the wiki a lot.

I vowed about a decade ago to never again type in /played in World of Warcraft, as that reveals how much time one has spent in the game on that character. Years ago I typed that and it was immediately depressing, so lets just say I have spent literal years in that game since the 2004 release days, spread out over nearly 18 years. If I had to guess, probably over 16,000 hours.

I guess next up would be Civilization V at 333 hours and Cyberpunk 2077 at 329 hours (this will grow immensely over the years as more content is released).

TRENDING THREADS