What PC games do you play that are relaxing?

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 10, 2022
Visit site
Ive been playing Apex legends on pc and my phone... whenever i got free time on my work. i play a this game just to kill time..... the game is very fun playing in coop and every time you got a kill on your enemy, the thrill and adrenaline just get in to you, its like your in a zone or something, hehehe.

So if I just want to relax and chill it's got to be RD2, just enjoy the scenery. Camping, fishing, etc.

But to relax when I'm stressed, it's a shootout in GTAV.

Tension relief with Trevor.

Football Manager 2022 is my go to relaxing game, until I somehow fluke it into a cup final then the stress begins.

Unravel was a kind of relaxing game for saying it's a puzzle adventure.

An anything with a gripping story that allows me to escape reality for an hour or two, but the Witcher 3 kind of broke all story games since it set the standard so high.

But is that relaxing or does it just allow you to forget about your stress?

Do people nowadays have so much stress that just forgetting about the stuff that makes them stressed counts as relaxing?

It's a win/win situation. If I'm feeling fine, then I am relaxed when playing. If I'm stressed, then it'll make me feel relaxed as it gives me a break from life. I see no issues with this lol.

I do think there should be a distinction between stress relief and relaxing in this thread.
if there isn't, doesn't it include almost every game out there besides a few VR ones and probably some I can't think of off hand. Most games are about escaping reality unless you play silly NFT games. That should be relaxing though obviously there are exceptions - depends what you have to do in game that day, depends on the games you play.

I've been wondering, it's seems to be dopamine that floods the brain during gaming. So that must be for high action stress relief. A sort of blast out high.

Serotonin could be triggered by some games and be more relaxing. That could be just a landscape but also the background sound.

I wonder if gaming companies have thought about manipulating neurotransmitters.

I enjoy sailing in WD2, it's relaxing.

Is a game that allows you to get a break from life the same as a relaxing game?
Absolutely not for me. A tough boss fight is a completely different experience from a round of solitaire or a run up a mountain to admire the view in a Far Cry.

I've gotten up from games at times sweating and pulse going fast—which, if you ask a professional to relax you, is about the exact opposite of the signs they'd look for.

A 'break from life' is distraction, not relaxation. Here are a couple of insights into what relaxation means:

Like the Democratic People's Republic of Korea isn't, calling something 'relaxing' doesn't make it so :)

• Love
Reactions: Pifanjr

Zloth

Community Contributor
I've gotten up from games at times sweating and pulse going fast—which, if you ask a professional to relax you, is about the exact opposite of the signs they'd look for.
Ah, but if you compare that state to how you'll be about ten minutes later, you'll almost certainly be more relaxed! I wonder if you would be more relaxed than you would have been had you not played at all?

TRENDING THREADS