Solved What is your opinion on this Acer Aspire 5? Should I buy it?

Aug 28, 2022
Visit site
I'm looking for a cheap laptop that will run ff14 endwalker decently. Might this be the laptop for the job?

It has i5-1135G7 cpu, GeForce 450MX gpu, 8 ram (3200 mhz, upgradeable to 24GB), sata ssd 512 gb drive. It costs ~450$

What do you think about this laptop?
Would it be enough for my needs?

P.S: I do not have an option to game on a desktop for now.

Aug 28, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Where are you located, what is your absolute budget for said laptop and would you happen to have a preferred site for purchase?

I'm looking for the cheapest laptop I can get that will satisfy my need. So I guess something under 530$. I'm located in western Europe and I do not have a preferred site.

P.S: I'm not looking for a laptop suggestion, I'm looking for answers to questions that are in my post.

Welcome to the forum :)

For answerers, here are specs of ff14 endwalker acc to Steam:
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • OS: Windows® 8.1 64 bit, Windows® 10 64 bit, Windows® 11 64 bit
    • Processor: Intel® Core™i7 3GHz or higher
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 1920 x 1080: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX970 or higher AMD Radeon™ RX 480 or higher
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 80 GB available space
    • Sound Card: A sound card which supports DirectSound®
    • Additional Notes: If using a router, please set the ports below to allow for packet transfer. [Port numbers which may be used] TCP: 80, 443, 54992-54994, 55006-55007, 55021-55040

Reactions: Lutfij
Although it might seem like the game should run fine with the laptop with the above specs listed, I was merely adding info in case people had a better suggestion with regards to a laptop purchase. Seems you don't want that :/

Regardless, there's a benchmarking tool for the game you can find off of FFXIV Endwalker's portal in case you're able to able to install it on the laptop and see if it meets your needs.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Aug 28, 2022
Visit site
Although it might seem like the game should run fine with the laptop with the above specs listed, I was merely adding info in case people had a better suggestion with regards to a laptop purchase. Seems you don't want that :/

Regardless, there's a benchmarking tool for the game you can find off of FFXIV Endwalker's portal in case you're able to able to install it on the laptop and see if it meets your needs.

I do not have a problem with you adding info. I just want people to stay on-topic so that I can get answers to questions that I have.

I don't have an option of running a benchmark on this laptop since I would need to buy it first to be able to do that.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS