What is the most unexpected ending you have experienced in a video game?

Mar 30, 2023
Visit site
I'd say mine would be when Walker in Spec Ops comes to realize the colonel he's been chasing down for years has been dead for a long while and realizing all the lives he sacrificed to get to this point was in vain. I was surprised that he didn't instantly commit suicide after that reveal. What's your choice?

Civilization 4—one of the expansions, I'm fairly sure, can't find via quick search—had a Barb band of 4-5 spearmen which would spawn once very early, maybe around turn 25. In short, game over if it was near you.

First time I met them, they wiped my capital and then I got the game performance summary:
"You have displayed the leadership ability of Dan Quale".

Cracked me up :D

Civilization 4—one of the expansions, I'm fairly sure, can't find via quick search—had a Barb band of 4-5 spearmen which would spawn once very early, maybe around turn 25. In short, game over if it was near you.

First time I met them, they wiped my capital and then I got the game performance summary:
"You have displayed the leadership ability of Dan Quale".

Cracked me up :D
Jiminy Freaking Christmas! I hadn't thought about Dan Quayle in at least 20 years. You ruined it!

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS