What is the BEST PC Factory simulation game?

Aug 21, 2021
Visit site
So i've been trying to find a good game to spend a couple of hours in that revolves around building a massive factory.
I've been looking trough steam, and my eyes have been set to between these two games: Satisfactory and Factorio

Found someones list rating the games but i would like some more opinions

• Factorio (obviously the best)
  • Satisfactory - Hoping to be in the alpha
  • Factory engineer is on sale, but reviews say it suck
  • Big pharma can kinda fit that
  • Production line
  • Factory Town, which is coming soon
  • Maybe Rise of Industry since its about production line management

Any other suggestions?

Aug 23, 2021
Visit site
factorio is the best, it's a game about building and creating automated factories to produce items of increasing complexity, within an infinite 2D world. Use your imagination to design your factory, combine simple elements into ingenious structures, and finally protect it from the creatures who don't really like you.

Mar 28, 2021
Visit site
Yes, I agree with a lot of these suggestions!!

Factorio is awesome, although personally I find the start of the game painful until you at least got basic transport belts, inserters, etc researched. And there's a ton of mods too, so once you mastered the base game after 200 hours or so, then you can try those as well!

Satisfactory is actually in early access, so you can buy and play already. It's also pretty stable and lots of features (like Factorio was before release) so not as bad as the early title suggests. Just think of it as 3d factorio with different tech tree. :)

I will also echo Pifanjr's nomination here for Dyson Sphere Program, if you like Factorio then you'll probably enjoy this too. Again early access but still plenty of building to be done, and they're updating at decent pace.

Another game I don't see mentioned as much is Shapez.io which I regard as a kind of "purist" version of Factorio. You can even play the start of the game in your web browser for free, but it will start to struggle when your layout gets to decent size there.

A partial suggestion for Dream Engines: Nomad Cities, although I think it has mixed reviews on Steam.
I say partial because it does have the factory/building kinda vibe with conveyors etc, but the space is restricted so it's not a "massive factory" game like you wanted. There's also kinda a combat component too. But if you like to mix fighting/building I think Rift Breaker would be better.

Mindustry is a tower defense game with basic production line building, you mostly place miners and conveyor belts to provide ammo for your defenses, but you also need to stockpile some resources for upgrading and building infrastructure or powering more complicated machines like energy shields. It's free on the Play Store too, and is just about the only game of its type available on Android.

Reactions: Pifanjr