Question What gun do you prefer?

Which gun would you prefer?

• Rapid rate of fire, less accurate, reload needed frequently, but great against numbers

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Slow rate of fire, accurate, reload needed less frequently, not as good against groups

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
I prefer semi-automatic weapons too, but not because of the amount of time between reloading, as I'll reload after every shot if I get the time for it.
You don't really get a chance to do that all the time in Helldivers. Frequently you are trying to reload while running for your life :) There's a great machine gun for shooting bugs, but you have to take a knee for a few seconds to reload it. Fortunately you can carry other weapons with you and switch on the fly. Remnant is the same way. Frequently, you have to reload while in combat.

You don't really get a chance to do that all the time in Helldivers. Frequently you are trying to reload while running for your life :) There's a great machine gun for shooting bugs, but you have to take a knee for a few seconds to reload it. Fortunately you can carry other weapons with you and switch on the fly. Remnant is the same way. Frequently, you have to reload while in combat.

Ideally you'd have your teammembers cover you when you reload. But I remember from Left 4 Dead all too often your teammembers would suddenly be absent just when you need them the most.

Mob fights may get hectic

That's what explosives & throwables are for.

I'll reload after every shot if I get the time for it

Same here—in current Far Cry 6 game, I even have a perk which deals extra damage from the first shot after a reload. But I'd still do it anyway, there's no upside to dying for lack of 1-2 extra shots.

I get no satisfaction from spraying crowds—I'll always run away and flank them to pick off 3-4 at a time, rinse & repeat—and keep guns on single-shot setting. Of course, I don't play corridor shooters, so I usually have tactical choices others may not have.

Last edited:
That's what explosives & throwables are for.
Generally speaking, you only get so many of those in most games. I think in Vermintide you only got 1.

Of course, I don't play corridor shooters, so I usually have tactical choices others may not have.
I don't know much about corridor shooters, but the couple I've played usually had a lot of open areas and stealth available. They were basically the same fighting arenas. The difference between them and open worlds was that they only had one exit.

But, as I said, I haven't played that many. Others may well be different. Now from the looks of the boomer shooters I've seen, they may definitely have fewer tactics, too.

In some of the games I play, ranged doesn't work all that well, having low rate of fire works if the screensize scales to a point there is always a reasonable distance between you and the enemy. So since its impossible to play sniper choices, rapid fire is about only choice given the short distance between you and enemy. Okay, I was thinking of Diablo 4 which doesn't have guns but it has fast and slow choices of bows.
Or Grim Dawn
wbP24pF.jpg

slow powerful needs a safe gap between you and what you shooting at.
Okay... I take that back...
it does depend on if the 2 hander is a cannon or not
7b5Ehno.jpg

most things don't stay alive very long.

In some of the games I play, ranged doesn't work all that well, having low rate of fire works if the screensize scales to a point there is always a reasonable distance between you and the enemy. So since its impossible to play sniper choices, rapid fire is about only choice given the short distance between you and enemy. Okay, I was thinking of Diablo 4 which doesn't have guns but it has fast and slow choices of bows.
Or Grim Dawn
wbP24pF.jpg

slow powerful needs a safe gap between you and what you shooting at.
Okay... I take that back...
it does depend on if the 2 hander is a cannon or not
7b5Ehno.jpg

most things don't stay alive very long.
The two main exceptions to my not liking the rapid fire guns are:

Resident Evil's Chicago Typewriter--This a gun you unlock during a subsequent playthrough, and it's everything you could want in a gun. Full automatic, high damage, and INFINITE ammo. Just when you think you are completely done with the game, you unlock this and spend your entire next playthrough squealing like a child on a playground.

Twin Grakatas--Warframe. One in each hand. Fires, with my modifications, about 50 rounds a second and each round does a ton of damage. You may have to reload in under 5 seconds, but whatever you were aiming at is dead, even most bosses. If not, the reload only takes a little less than 2 seconds. Just do it again.

Sniper, preferably something like the VSS og Kar98. I like bolt action a lot because they often have a nice sound. I tend to avoid fast-paced weapons because they usually include sweaty moves like bunny hopping or the slide cancel. I'm also a pretty decent shot with a sniper *cough*
From the WW1 game Isonzo (2 of 40 players are not bots, but who is counting😅)
f7sjYhI.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts