What game(s) are you looking towards in 2020?

It's officially the year 2020 all across the world and with that a whole new year of video games! Therefore, I ask, what games or games are you most looking towards this upcoming year? The only rule is that the game has to be coming out this year or have the possibility of coming out this year. Although this is a PC Gaming forum, feel free to talk about games from any console or gaming device.

I'll get us started:

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (January 17th, PC) - I'll be honest when the game was first announced I wasn't that excited. While I love Dragon Ball and have enjoyed the fighting games, the last time they did an open-world RPG was DBZ Sagas and it was terrible. However, the trailers have slowly won me over and it's probably going to be a day one buy for me now!

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (March 20th, Switch) - I'll be honest, I've been hooked on Animal Crossing games since they were first released in America on the GameCube and I'll be hooked on this one too! It will also be a great game to get my fiance into playing more games!

DOOM Eternal (March 20th, PC) - I've always enjoyed the Doom series but I didn't expect DOOM (2016) to be as good as it was and I can't wait to jump into their next take on a modern DOOM.

Cyberpunk 2077 (April 16th. PC) - Let's be honest, this game will probably appear most often in this thread. CDProjekt really won over a lot of people with just how good The Witcher 3 is and thanks to the new Netflix series, more and more people are finding out. I can't wait to see what they do next.

The Last of Us Part II (May 29th, PS4) - One of the few PlayStation exclusives I have played in recent years. I can't wait to dive back into this world and see what the characters have been up to.

Assassin's Creed (Q4, PC) - While the game is unconfirmed, the next AC game is rumored to be coming out towards the end of this year. The last two have been phenomenal and I can't wait to possibly jump into the Viking Era!

Crusader Kings III (UNK, PC) - Another game without a release date, but they said they've been working on it for a few years now. So, my fingers are crossed that we see it this year. CKII is my most played game on Steam and for a very good reason. CKII just allows you as a player to craft amazing and unique stories and every playthrough is truly different.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II (Q4, PC) - One of my favorite games that I played last year. The game was so creepy and intense that it always had me on my toes. The world was immersive and I sought out everything I could to get more and more of the lore of the world.

Honorable Mention:
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics (February 4th, PC) - I just love tactics games and the Dark Crystal setting.
Psychonauts 2 (UNK, PC) - I played Psychonauts for the first time just over a year ago and the game has aged incredibly well. I'm excited to see what they can do now that they have Microsoft's money.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWard
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
DOOM Eternal, Cyberpunk 2077 and Half-Life Alyx are the big ones (that we know of). But there are countless smaller games I'm excited about, like 12 Minutes, Ori 2 and Spelunky 2.

P.S.: Darksiders Genesis is out on PC already.

DOOM Eternal, Cyberpunk 2077 and Half-Life Alyx are the big ones (that we know of). But there are countless smaller games I'm excited about, like 12 Minutes, Ori 2 and Spelunky 2.

P.S.: Darksiders Genesis is out on PC already.

Solid choices! I want to get into Half-Life Alyx and I hope it's good but it's not enough to draw me into VR at this time.

Also thanks, the February date is for consoles! I'll update my post!

Only one game on your list isn't a sequel. I hate the "play it safe" approach where you can't make a game unless it already has a market. Everything becomes the same, no original ideas allowed.

I am not the audience of games anymore, I am a dinosaur who remembers when the entire game was shipped at release, no patching it in after release. If game was a buggy mess, it stayed that way. Sure, that sucked, but it made them work harder than today "we patch it alter attitude"

I also don't fall for hype. I only look at games after release as too many lies in the promo clips

Path of Exiles 2 maybe?

Dec 19, 2019
Visit site
While I'd be overjoyed to see Dragon Age 4 or TES6 come in 2020 (pseudo-confirmed but unlikely to be released in 2020) I'm just biding my time for a good RPG. I'm so starved. Luckily, the ones I still play have hours upon hours of fun.

Julez

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Took a quick peak at my Steam wishlist and pulled some I've been waiting a while for. Some of them aren't listed for 2020 (marked by (?) ) but, a guy can dream, eh?

Atomic Heart (?)
Among Trees (?)
Cloudpunk
This is the Zodiac Speaking
TUNIC (?)
BIOMUTANT
Ode to a Moon
Sable

Reactions: PioneerRaptor

PCG Rachel

Staff member
Dec 10, 2019
Visit site
Those are great choices, I think my heart will explode when Animal Crossing New Horizons finally comes out. I'm also looking forward to Spiritfarer, Ooblets, and Hollow Knight Silk Song.

Wallpaper_Full_-_Cinematic_1.jpg

I am an altoholic, and it's looking like it is going to be super alt friendly.

Reactions: JR88 and Lutfij
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I was looking forward toward Doom eternal but honestly I don't really have much faith now. I don't like the new art style nearly as good as Doom 2016 and the movement seems kind of...choppy? At least that's what I've seen from the trailers. Fingers crossed it is still good.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Psychonauts 2
Half Life Alyx
Cyberpunk 2077
Bloodlines 2
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
A load of other things I may be forgetting

All that said, my GOTY last year was Disco Elysium and I only heard about that a week before release. So maybe what I'm really looking forward to I just haven't heard of yet.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I seriously doubt Hellblade 2 is a 2020 game. I would be happy to be wrong though!

As for games I'm getting for PC, I'm personally looking forward to Cyberpunk, DOOM Eternal, Bloodlines II and Wrath: Aeon of Ruin full release. For PS4 I'm looking forward to Last of Us II and Ghost of Tsushima.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I second and third and fourth Bloodlines and cautiously Cyberpunk 2077.

I know people feel that 2019 was a middling/good year, but I'm glad for the number of isometric RPGs, and I'm kind of bummed there aren't any big ones this year.

Realise this is largely a PC forum, so am not counting the few RPGs coming to Switch, etc.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Well, first I need to play through Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2, Wolfenstein 2, and maybe toy around with Planet Coaster. With my backlog done, I can start on Kenshi, Tropico 6, Mutant Year 0, Age of Wonders: Planetfall, Greedfall, A Plague Tale, and maybe Resonance of Fate/End of Eternity for a switch. Finally, X4: Foundations should be done enough to buy and play, which is what I'm looking forward to most.

2020 games have to get in line. They'll be better (and cheaper) once I get to them. Though Final Fantasy 7 re-make might get to cut to the front of the line in 2021.

I am somewhat surprised more people haven't mentioned FromSoftware's Elden Ring. No solid release date as far as I am aware, but word on the grapevine is it should be out in June 2020. After the glorious Bloodborne and the admittedly amazing (but not for me) Sekiro, my body is ready for another original IP by my favourite studio.

Other games I am looking forward to, in no particular order:
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Crusader Kings III
  • A Total War Saga: Troy
  • Diablo 4 (little faith, but a man can dream)
  • Hellblade 2
Lots of sequels, but I can dig iterative sequels that actually improve on what's come before.

• Cyberpunk 2077​
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Baldur's Gate 3 (fingers crossed)
  • Wasteland 3
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
  • Hollow Knight: Silksong
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2 (fingers crossed)
  • Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • Kingdom of Night
  • SKALD
  • Bloodlines 2 (though I am not having high hopes)
@Rensje Got the same feeling towards Diablo 4. If they manage to nail down the dark and gritty atmosphere, combined with good classes, there might just be hope.

I am somewhat surprised more people haven't mentioned FromSoftware's Elden Ring. No solid release date as far as I am aware, but word on the grapevine is it should be out in June 2020. After the glorious Bloodborne and the admittedly amazing (but not for me) Sekiro, my body is ready for another original IP by my favourite studio.

I'd be excited to see a June release of Elden Ring, but with no gameplay or almost anything about the game being released at this point, it seems hard to believe that the game is going to be ready for June. That said, if it happens, that would be awesome!

Reactions: Rensje

TRENDING THREADS