What did you BUY last week?

So much talk about we've been playing, but what have you spent money on in gaming (even if you didn't play it)? Did you make you backlog even bigger (despite promising to make it smaller this year)? Or did you finally replace that mouse with the iffy middle button?

Last week I bought another month sub to SWTOR and the Battlefront II Celebration Edition upgrade.

Reactions: LCarlson
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Mission Aummunition
Graveyard Keeper - Stranger Sins DLC
Darksiders Genesis
Kingdom Two Crownd
Steel Division 2 -Death on the Vistula
Loyalty and Blood Viktor Origins
Headsnatchers

Plus cleaned up on the steam sale and Humble Bundle Jan 2020 .

Reactions: I Will Haunt You
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
I added more DLC for this ridiculously fun 2-D game called "Craft the World." I have no idea why I love it so much (ok, so it has Dwarves, and I am a die-hard Dwarf in all RPGS/MMOGs), but I was happy at the chance to give the little dev studio more money for a game I freaking love.

Oh, and I gave more moolah to Blizzard, because Hearthstone... is Hearthstone. They know JUST what I want, every time.

Then I just gave my vet $1300, so no more gaming purchases for a while, hehe.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I bought Warcraft 2 from GOG, and preordered Warcraft 3 remastered from Blizzard. I've never really played many RTS' but always wanted to. I bought Graveyard Keeper with the DLC. I also preordered a MtG Arena Theros Beyond bundle.

Hardware wise, I finally bought a pair of speakers and an amp for my PC; the Polk S20s seem to do a really nice job.

Finally, I grabbed a third sensor for my Rift CV1. I was considering a Quest, or Rift S but decided to stay with this one for a little while longer (only bought it around a year ago).

Zoid

Community Contributor
Hardware wise, I finally bought a pair of speakers and an amp for my PC; the Polk S20s seem to do a really nice job.
I see good audio as a crucially important part of a quality gaming experience right alongside good visuals, so it makes me happy to see someone appreciating audio gear as a part of their PC setup! I've always liked Polk's products for the sound quality they can offer at prices that people are actually willing to pay. Awesome choice on the S20s.

As for what games I bought last week - @I Will Haunt You hit the nail on the head in that first post, because yep, I made my backlog even bigger. I felt like revisiting some old favorites, so I picked up the Bioshock collection and Overlord II.

PCG Andy K

Alien: Isolation editor
Staff member
Dec 10, 2019
Visit site
I spent a few quid on the Chernobyl DLC for Spintires, which I wrote about for the site. It's really just the same old game in a new environment, with the addition of radiation pockets. But I love anything Chernobyl-related, and the environment gave me heavy STALKER vibes, so I don't regret the purchase.

Reactions: ZeeD1
Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
So much talk about we've been playing, but what have you spent money on in gaming (even if you didn't play it)? Did you make you backlog even bigger (despite promising to make it smaller this year)? Or did you finally replace that mouse with the iffy middle button?

Last week I bought another month sub to SWTOR and the Battlefront II Celebration Edition upgrade.

Nice, i was big in SWTOR and was running a top guild for a few weeks. Guilds come and go pretty fast in that game. Anyway last week I bought Elder Scrolls Online plus all it's expansions.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS