What are your Internet download speeds?

I just uninstalled a game to move it to my C: drive and my Internet went out (no idea why--it's very rare). Now I'm using my phone's hotspot to download the game at 1 MB/sec. It's going to take forever.

It got me wondering what everyone's download speeds are. Also include what country you are from if you want to share.

I just scheduled to have a new ISP. My old one (Comcast) was at 30 MB/sec downloads. It was $150/mo including no data caps. My new one (ATT) is going to be 1 Gig for $60/mo with no data caps, so that's a huge savings for me, plus quite a bit faster. Our utility company is getting ready to offer 2 Gig for $65/mo, but there's no telling when that will be available in my neighborhood.

Edit: I'm in the US.

Last edited:
Asks for Country and doesn't include own :)
Although its obviously USA

Okay
My Plan is 75/25 mb/s - not as fast as yours obviously but still faster than most people in my country. Its fast enough that I don't notice any problems watching videos on Youtube at 1440p and that is all I need really. I don't need mega speed as I don't download anything anyway.
Australia

My down is 100Mb, but my up is a meager 5Mb. Since it's cable vs DSL though, I actually get near the fully advertised down, and about 6Mb up. I actually get these speeds WITH my VPN running too. It helps a little when I have fairly big videos to upload to YouTube, especially since I have video tutorials on 3 different games I'm doing, but still very time consuming.

USA

Reactions: ZedClampet
My down is 100Mb, but my up is a meager 5Mb. Since it's cable vs DSL though, I actually get near the fully advertised down, and about 6Mb up. I actually get these speeds WITH my VPN running too. It helps a little when I have fairly big videos to upload to YouTube, especially since I have video tutorials on 3 different games I'm doing, but still very time consuming.

USA

I've never had DSL. My father used to have it and got rid of it because the speed was very unreliable. The ATT that I'm getting soon is fiber, which I think (but don't know for sure) is supposed to be pretty reliable. Hopefully it is, but I can't stand Comcast and am going to go with YouTube for my television and completely get rid of these Comcast folks.

If you don't mind, what's your YouTube channel's name? I could always use some tutorials.

USA, Comcast.

Ran 5 tests, ranges:
Download 19 to 47Mbps—3 tests in 40s, other 25, possibly due to what server test connected to.
Upload all 6.

GF on same router gets 82 download, which is speed I had a year ago—so I need to look into that, maybe update Intel Wifi driver…

Paying $80+/month.

so as of right now, being 10:30pm on a sunday night, im getting 16 ping, 958mbps download and 42 upload. I pay for a 1gb connection, 130 a month with Spectrum cable in New York. I get nowhere near that when downloading games and what not but as for steam i can get anywhere from 50mbps to 90 but on windows store, its like 25mbps.

So, since my bill is 130 a month, i was able to qualify for the broadband discount since i have a kid in school. so as of this month (julys bill) its 50 less until its done so its 80 from now until thats over.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Poland, local internet provider that's available only in my city.

400 Mbit/s download and around 900 Mbit/s upload. It's quite strange but for some reasons I have the upload fully uncapped ever since I'm using this internet provider. :) Technically I should have it capped at 40 Mbit/s. As for the price it's 60 PLN per month (that's around 13 EUR and 15 USD). It's quite a standard price for this kind of connection in Poland, although there are some better offers in bigger cities.

Last edited:
I've never had DSL. My father used to have it and got rid of it because the speed was very unreliable. The ATT that I'm getting soon is fiber, which I think (but don't know for sure) is supposed to be pretty reliable. Hopefully it is, but I can't stand Comcast and am going to go with YouTube for my television and completely get rid of these Comcast folks.

If you don't mind, what's your YouTube channel's name? I could always use some tutorials.
Here's a link to my channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFragManiac/videos). I hope they allow it to be posted, because every time I've tried to post any videos from any of my video guides, they delete them claiming I'm trying to "spam my channel". LOL I don't know man, that just seems counter intuitive for a gaming forum. When I post these video walkthrough series on Tom's they get TONS of views. One of them has 2K views. I also don't do it for channel activity, I do it to keep people interested in gaming. I mean I know they get tons of spam bot posts they often have to remove, but that's no reason to throttle actual members as if they're doing the same. :rolleyes:

As far as Comcast goes, what didn't you like about it? Comcast does internet in one of the apt buildings I'm on a waiting list for, and their price for the same 100Mb down, 5Mb up service I have is $55 vs $70 for my ISP, plus they allow 1.2 TB of data a month on the basic plan, vs only 400 GB on my ISP. So I have to say, what's the beef? That said, the ISP I'm currently on, despite at times some of them warning I won't be able to get deals soon, are still offering it at a fairly competitive price (about $56 after tax with unlimited data).

Last edited:
Here's a link to my channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFragManiac/videos). I hope they allow it to be posted, because every time I've tried to post any videos from any of my video guides, they delete them claiming I'm trying to "spam my channel". LOL I don't know man, that just seems counter intuitive for a gaming forum. When I post these video walkthrough series on Tom's they get TONS of views. One of them has 2K views. I also don't do it for channel activity, I do it to keep people interested in gaming. I mean I know they get tons of spam bot posts they often have to remove, but that's no reason to throttle actual members as if they're doing the same. :rolleyes:

As far as Comcast goes, what didn't you like about it? Comcast does internet in one of the apt buildings I'm on a waiting list for, and their price for the same 100Mb down, 5Mb up service I have is $55 vs $70 for my ISP, plus they allow 1.2 TB of data a month on the basic plan, vs only 400 GB on my ISP. So I have to say, what's the beef? That said, the ISP I'm currently on, despite at times some of them warning I won't be able to get deals soon, are still offering it at a fairly competitive price (about $56 after tax with unlimited data).

My beef with Comcast is the data cap. I have 4 people in my house, some of them stream a lot of movies and a couple of us download games. We basically never went under the data cap and had to eventually pay $150/mo for unlimited data. Now I'm going to get unlimited data and more speed for a fraction of that.

1000 mbps upload/download. Love Gig-speed, wired. Screw wireless gaming. I tried wireless years ago on 500mbps upload and download right next to wifi router, but hated how the connection speeds varied greatly among other things. Being able to download tons of my 8 thousand plus Steam games in seconds/minutes is amazing. Not to mention, good luck playing competitive shooters on wireless...

My beef with Comcast is the data cap. I have 4 people in my house, some of them stream a lot of movies and a couple of us download games. We basically never went under the data cap and had to eventually pay $150/mo for unlimited data. Now I'm going to get unlimited data and more speed for a fraction of that.
That's why I switched to Verizon. I download over one thousand gigs a month, no extra charges...

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I had a 1 Gb connection for some time. The problem with it is that there are almost no servers (when it comes to gaming) which fully utilize this speed. As noted above Steam has a bottleneck at 700 Mbit/s. GOG hovers around 300-400 Mbit/s for most of the time. I haven't checked Origin and don't remember Ubisoft Connect score, but I don't think it's much better there. The world is unprepared for 1 Gbit connection... :)

Jul 29, 2021
Visit site
I recently acquired Verizon Fios. It is advertised as 875 Mbps (109 MBps) down, and during tests and downloads from Steam it often averages that rate pretty consistently. No datacap, no throttling.

I purchased the fiber Verizon router/switch as it was the highest rated by consumer groups and customers alike. After discounts for my profession and using autopay my bill is exactly $74.99 /month USD - no taxes or added fees.

My only alternative in my city is Cox, Docsys-whatever they're up to, about 500 Mbps for over $100 / month.

Canada, Shaw Cable. 625Mbps down, 100Mbps up. Sometimes I feel it's too fast (used to be 300Mbps and 150Mbps before that), and I'm not even gigabit or fiber optic here. Steam downloads very quickly, as does EGS, Battle.net, and Origin. Windows Update servers are very quick, Microsoft has always had fantastic download speeds.

TRENDING THREADS