What are you playing, thinking, etc thread (for Nov-21 to Nov-27)

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
play through one level in a short 15 minute gaming session
I know you're not in buying mode, but I should have mentioned most Casual games will fit that requirement. I've often recommended the Royal Envoy strategy/puzzler series, but there are tons more.

They won't let me have an "ImNotAnIdiot" folder
Pre-reqs are such a pain.

@ZedClampet I got the free Hunter game on Epic and bought the doggy DLC, so likely to give that a shot today or tomorrow :)
But man, do those guys know how to produce DLCs, or what? I counted about 30…

I know you're not in buying mode, but I should have mentioned most Casual games will fit that requirement. I've often recommended the Royal Envoy strategy/puzzler series, but there are tons more.

Pre-reqs are such a pain.

@ZedClampet I got the free Hunter game on Epic and bought the doggy DLC, so likely to give that a shot today or tomorrow :)
But man, do those guys know how to produce DLCs, or what? I counted about 30…

Most of those aren't my style--for instance, there's no way I'm going to crouch in a virtual duck blind for 30 minutes hoping some duck pixels might fly by--but if you end up liking the game, they'll all be dirt cheap during the winter sale, and I've enjoyed the new maps with new animals. I picked them up during the last summer sale. That ATV one comes in pretty handy, but you can always fast travel once you open up the camp sites. Maps are crazy huge. I think they are 25 square miles or something.

I should be playing Baldur's Gate 2 so I can finally get around to playing its sequel, not that Larian are in a hurry to put it on sale, and I'll be crucified for saying this but I'm not quite seeing how it gets its legendary status over the first game. I can appreciate a lot of the improvements, but storywise, I'm not feeling it yet.

On a lighter note, I've finished The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the first time on PC, so now I'm going through the Morroblivion mod (Morrowind in the Oblivion engine), taking my high level character through it and seeing if I can make heads or tails of the story this time around. Both great games, I've clocked 140 hours in both on PC, but I might stick to the side-quests I didn't do before which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Listening to the 10 hour pregame radio show for my college football team (I'm not exaggerating the length of the show. It really is 10 hours), and I've decided to start a new Satisfactory game with the mods that have been updated. I can't go into my old save or all that stuff will disappear and it will be total chaos. There's 4 more mods, out of 38, that I need to access the old world.

I'll start in a new location to keep it fresh. I may cheat one era advancement that I really don't want to suffer through again. Last time I left the game running overnight to get it done. The mods that are most important to my enjoyment, "Passive Mode" (no enemies) and "PermaDay" (always sunny), are working just fine. I've let the monsters chase me around in the darkness before. I've experienced it. Now I just want to build.

By the way, I'd love any earbud recs you have in this thread:

Zloth

Community Contributor
I should be playing Baldur's Gate 2 so I can finally get around to playing its sequel, not that Larian are in a hurry to put it on sale, and I'll be crucified for saying this but I'm not quite seeing how it gets its legendary status over the first game. I can appreciate a lot of the improvements, but storywise, I'm not feeling it yet.
{shrug} Never know what's going to click with people. If it isn't fun after, oh, 15 hours or so, then I would bail out.

Larian had better put some BIG lore help in for us. There's lots of people that haven't played it. Even the folks that did play it may not have re-played it in the past twenty years!

Reactions: Pifanjr
{shrug} Never know what's going to click with people. If it isn't fun after, oh, 15 hours or so, then I would bail out.

Larian had better put some BIG lore help in for us. There's lots of people that haven't played it. Even the folks that did play it may not have re-played it in the past twenty years!

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying it, I just don't see why it gets the overwhelmingly positive defence it does, to the point where it appears to be common consensus to say "skip the first game and the retroactive DLC, Siege of Dragonspear," which I thought was OK also. And it's as you say, whatever floats people's boats, I'm just curious when people say it's objectively better and somesuch without further elaboration that it is. ^^

From what I gather, Baldur's Gate 3 isn't really that closely related to the originals. From what I gather in tabletop discussion, it's more a prequel to the Dungeons & Dragons adventure Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus than a sequel to BG2. Similar to how Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden came about and taking into account those two games' canon, which was being made in collaboration with the guys behind, err, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.... a reboot of the old BG: DA games. If your head wasn't spinning before...!

On an unrelated note, love the signature. That's one of my favourite Fourth Doctor quotes, but it's hard to choose one from my all time fave episode, Genesis of the Daleks. Even then, "do I have the right?"

I think it's going to be the Guild of Dungeoneering, one of this week's free games from Epic, which looks like you can play through one level in a short 15 minute gaming session during a work break.

I've played a bunch of Guild of Dungeoneering yesterday and today. Each level only takes a few minutes, 15 minutes is probably the maximum. It's a pretty simple game, but has enough content to keep it interesting, at least so far, even though you basically do the same thing each level.

It doesn't seem like it'll be a very long game though, as I've already unlocked over half of the tier 2 buildings, out of 3 tiers. I'll probably finish it well before my 2-week vacation, that just started, is over, so I'll have to find something else to do during work breaks.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS