Question weird glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2022
Visit site
I don't know what kind of error or bug is this, just happened now and my PC is like 2 months old.

specs are:
i5-11600
GTX 1650
16gb RAM
500 SSD
750w PSU
aftermarket CPU cooler

i was playing AC Odyssey when this happened. and i tried restarting the PC still the same, my monitor was running on 165hz at that time

View: https://youtu.be/0_rKDyS72Mg

then i tried playing Valorant as seen on the video, this are the same issues I encountered. Please do help. Thank you!

Jan 30, 2022
Visit site
i tried running the game in safe mode, it took forever and stayed in the loading screen but there wasn't any issues like in the videos. temps are fine while idling cpu @ 40-44 gpu @ 37-39. monitor is MSI MAG Artymis 242c if that helps.

Jan 30, 2022
Visit site
Which slots are they populating on the board? OS version(if on Windows 10)? BIOS version for your motherboard? If the PSU's been recycled from an older build, please mention the age of the unit.
the psu is second hand never used and or opened, the gpu is second hand office setting, all other parts are brand new. windows 10. bios is not latest, am updating now. come back at you guys in a bit

Reactions: Brian Boru
For the sake of relevance, your rams are in slots, A2 and B2? Likewise, the BIOS version at the time of writing is F7? With regards to your OS, which version(not edition) of the OS are you on? Everyone tends to say I'm on the latest but then it's found out that after back and forths, there were updates pending.

Speaking of OS, where did you source the OS installer from?

the psu is second hand never used and or opened, the gpu is second hand office setting
When was the PSU purchased? Where did you source the GPU from?

Jan 30, 2022
Visit site
For the sake of relevance, your rams are in slots, A2 and B2? Likewise, the BIOS version at the time of writing is F7? With regards to your OS, which version(not edition) of the OS are you on? Everyone tends to say I'm on the latest but then it's found out that after back and forths, there were updates pending.

Speaking of OS, where did you source the OS installer from?

the psu is second hand never used and or opened, the gpu is second hand office setting
When was the PSU purchased? Where did you source the GPU from?

A2 and B2 yes.
bios version updated to F7
OS version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
installer from a friend, pirated i guess
the GPU was just used as a display out for a ryzen pc in an office
the PSU was purchased around NOV 2021

Why are you bothering with a pirated OS? Would you like it if someone stole your hard work? That being said, we won't help you with your problem considering the problem can stem from a pirated OS. You can fabricate your bootable OS installer using Windows Media Creation Tools. There's no need to pirate an OS that doesn't need activating.

the GPU was just used as a display out for a ryzen pc in an office
What PSU was powering that system. The artifacting seen in the videos are akin to a dying GPU or one that got zapped or the OS is playing tricks with you due to malware/corruption.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022
Visit site
In my defense, I didn't know that you could get it without activating and that I am from a 3rd world country where money isn't that abundant and that this PC was built for the intent of me transitioning to freelancing because of the pandemic with some gaming on the side; pirating sadly is mostly your only option here, I guess that aint good enough of a reason to do so but its just the case here. I used up almost all of my savings to buy this and this hits hard, really hard.

I removed the graphics card and voila, no more problem. just a slow gaming experience. could you still help me? will there still be a fix to this? I know for a fact that the UPS that the PC that came with the GPU broke down and the amount of electric fluctuations in the city is absurd.

The PC it came in is an Asus ROG Strix G15DH

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS