Weekend Question: Which RTS series deserves a comeback?

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Jan 31, 2020
Visit site
Can I get some love for Command & Conquer: Generals? Yes there are more popular games in the series, namely Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2, but Command & Conquer: Generals holds a special place in my heart. Things I like:
  • Only two resources: Let's you focus on base building
  • No cheesy cut scenes: As a young lad I enjoyed the "realism"
  • 3 Factions, each with 3 generals: This allowed for many different styles of play, even within a single faction.
  • I think I may have already mentioned this, but BASE BUILDING!!
Many an afternoon was spent at my local Cyber Cafe, playing endless, large scale 4v4 battles against my friends. I think we had a ridiculous 10 or 15 minute no rush rule, so our bases would usually span the map. This may not have been the intended way to play, but forgive me I was young! I usually opted for the Lazer General. I loved her jet fighters, which were pretty much unstoppable late game.

I always liked Generals. I was very cheap and I would just pick the Super Weapons General (maybe in the expansion.) I remember that EMP would disable incoming tanks, snipers took out any foot units. 4 aurora bombers could take out any enemy super weapon and at least 1 would make it back. Then I just use the sky canon to wipe out the enemy.

Reactions: JSimenhoff

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
4 aurora bombers could take out any enemy super weapon and at least 1 would make it back. Then I just use the sky canon to wipe out the enemy.
Oh man I loved those aurora bombers. I would send like 16 at a time. Most would get shot down, but just enough would get through to wreck some real havoc on the enemy.

TRENDING THREADS