Weekend Question: What's the first game you remember finishing?

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 2, 2020
Visit site
I played many games as a kid since 93, but finishing them? Back then without internet and arcade difficulty? I know that I finished Doom, Half-Life and Wario Land 1 and 3. After that I finished most games

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Total Annihilation (1997 )would say is first one i did ever by my self used to play other games with my older brother but pretty confidently in that option

May 1, 2020
Visit site
Only properly got into gaming in the last couple of years, so most games remained unfinished that i did play and mainly played Football Manager which is ongoing. 1st game i finished was Gone Home, since then i have finished Witcher 3 Wild Hunt inc Hearts of Stone & Blood & Wine, Also just completed the entire Telltale Walking Dead series

May 2, 2020
Visit site
First game I remember finishing was probably Sonic 1 on the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis in the states), Literally left the console on over night because the game had no save storage.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
The first game I Remember Finishing Was Jungle Book on NES. My Father Told Me That He Will Buy Me New Cartridge only If I Compleat that Game.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
i love video games. i think my first true memory of games, i must have been 4 years old. went to my friends apartment, late at night with my family, the whole room was darkened and everyone was crowded around the couch. an NES with zelda was being played by my friends father. shortly after that, memories of my dad playing zelda at our home.
but the first game i ever beat, Contra (NES). after my dad discovered the konami code, we had 30 lives and we just pounced on that game. i must have been 5 years. i remember being really into teenage mutant ninja turtles. (1992-1993)

May 2, 2020
Visit site
The first game I remember finishing was Wing Commander Privateer back in the early '90s. Once you finished the main story, you could still continue flying missions from the mission terminal. I still have the box with the 3.5" floppy disks and the Speech Pack that came later.

Final Fantasy. The very first.

Time travel, elements, crystal orbs, and the warriors of light doing their thing. I would say that it spoiled me for endings in games throughout the years. The build-up with the sequential climaxes of each elemental fiend defeated, following to different modes of transportation being unlocked until a return to the beginning again to end the time loop that you discover you started. Tying up a thread begun with the very first boss you took out, culminating in a conquest of light over darkness and giving definitive closure to a massive story arc that saw the characters grow up and fulfill their potential.

Sure, the rolling end titles might appear lackluster by today's standards, but this was monumental back in the 8-bit days.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Nintendo Contra. I got to the point where I would rage quite if I died beccasue I had played so much I could run the whole game with out dying once.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
The most memorable one was Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty for obvious reasons - I don't think I'd ever finished the first, and had no idea what I was in for when that ending came about. I think I was still in primary school, so it was way over my head but I was totally blown away by the Ray fights and the final battle with Solidus.

Reactions: Balf Eubank
May 2, 2020
Visit site
WAAAY back in 1985, "The Original Adventure" written by Will Crowther and Don Woods. I even got a neat "Certificate of Wizardness" for finishing it signed by Will and Don themselves. I keep it on the wall nestled amongst my college diploma and press club awards. ;-)

Reactions: Frenzy

TRENDING THREADS