Weekend Question: What's the first game you remember finishing?

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Goblins 3 in 1995 when I was just 5 years old. I loved that game and I still love it. I love the entire series and I love the genre of adventure games.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
My first game I actually beat and it was in 1997 and I was 10 Years Old . It was the very first Playstation console and my father bought me the console and the game was Called " Fighting Force " we always played 2 player through the levels and he even won the game with me also, he passed away 3 years ago to Leukemia. The other game I had was Tomb Raider and Gran Turismo... but Fighting Force was my first game to beat

May 2, 2020
Visit site
The Simpsons Hit And Run, it was so much work for a 7 year old bobs lmao.
I have a PS2 Slim I bought like 2 years ago, and I put it away in the closet and just the other day I broke it out and I have so many games I cant count for the PS2, but I have this game right here now...It's such a great game even now

May 2, 2020
Visit site
The first game I completed was Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles on the original PlayStation. One of the swan songs for the PS1, It was such a satisfying mix of platforming and lightsaber gameplay. I got the game as a birthday gift in the fall of 2000, and I would go on to beat the game multiple times. Great memories!

May 2, 2020
Visit site
First game I actually remember finishing myself is Rome Total War (2003). Both first in completing the short campaign (own 15 provinces and defeat your arch enemy), long campaign (own 50 provinces including Rome) and actually conquering the entire map without getting beaten by rebels.
Such a great game! Rome Total War was my first proper PC game.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I'm not sure what was the first game that I finished when it comes to PC gaming. It was more or less 25 years ago. It could've been Doom 1 or 2 with cheat codes. Back in those days I didn't really worry that I don't finish games. The most important thing was that I was actually playing them. I clearly remember however when I finished Fallout 1 and 2 in 2000 or 2001. It was the first RPG that I managed to play from start to finish. That was quite an achievement for me back then. Somewhere near these years I also finished Gorky 17 aka Odium (with a guide unfortunately). Before the era of PC gaming I finished a lot of NES games, that I was playing on some Chinese NES imitation (called Pegasus). It was so long ago that it's hard for me to post exact titles however. I do remember Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series and Chip 'n Dale.

Last edited:
Reactions: OsaX Nymloth
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Finishing? Oh man, I'm not sure. I know I played many games in my early childhood, but I'm not sure I ever finished them. Maybe Midtown Madness? I remember progressing far enough to unlock that cool looking race car with the big wing.
If not that it'll have to be one of those point and click adventures games like Putt Putt or Freddy Fish.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
What's the first game you remember finishing?
I was 8 back then when I finished LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga. Pretty much the only game I was invested in at that time, besides LEGO Batman: The Videogame. Yeah, I love LEGO games back then.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
DOOM shareware (1993?). Somehow managed to get it running on a salvaged office machine a relative procured from a skip. Completely blown away. I had no way to get the full version so I played the shareware so many times that every grunt and growl remains etched in memory.

TRENDING THREADS