Weekend Question: What would you want a new Witcher game to be about?

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I ask the PCG staff a regular Weekend Question and post the answers on the site. If you'd like to throw in an answer here, I'll squeeze the best into the finished article!

This week the question is: what would you want a new Witcher game to be about? Ciri becoming a witcher and going on to have adventures of her own? A prequel about Young Vesemir? Thronebreaker 2? Something in a completely different genre, like a turn-based squad tactics game or a management sim? Just more Geralt, please?

Reactions: SWard
The finale of the first season has me liking the idea of an RTS. Seiges, teleportation, fireball bombardments that require sacrificial units and mind control worms? Yes please.

A grand strategy could work equally well. Maybe just combine the two and get The Witcher: Total War?

Reactions: PCG Jody

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Other Witcher schools - we know very little of them, their history. How come they were created, who founded them, why the differences. It could be even a prequel of sorts, showing the origins of witchers and different schools in times when humans had no reliable way of fighting off the monsters. That would also mean elf and non-humans being more prominent as well.

There's lot of potential in the world.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Actually, there was a reference in Witcher 3 that made it sound like maybe Ciri went to the Cyberpunk world:
full

How about a Witcher DLC for Cyberpunk 2077? You could play a very lost and confused Ciri as she learns to master her powers in Dark City - perhaps with the aid of a few discreet implants.

Reactions: Sarafan

Sarafan

Community Contributor
CD Projekt Red clearly stated that we won't be playing as Geralt in the next Witcher game. His story is over, so the developers will have to think something new. I would like to play as a custom Witcher. You would choose a Witcher school in the character creation screen and select the appropriate skills. It would be good to have more options in developing your main character than in the previous Witcher games. As for the setting, I would go for the times when the Witcher schools were thriving.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020
Visit site
A Witcher in Ofier! I don't really mind if it's Ciri, Geralt or any other character. After playing Hearts of Stone, all I could think about is going to freaking Ofier. That place sounds too cool.

Mar 7, 2020
Visit site
Continuing Ciri's story would be my first choice, but it would be cool to explore another part of that universe that we haven't seen before. For example, a prequel set in a different part of the continent, such as Zerrakanaia.

Reactions: Zloth

TRENDING THREADS