Weekend question: What unreleased game of 2020 are you most looking forward to?

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I ask the PCG staff a regular Weekend Question and post the answers on the site. This week the question is: What unreleased game of 2020 are you most looking forward to? If you'd like to throw in an answer here, I'll squeeze the best into the finished article!

Obviously Cyberpunk 2077 is what a lot of people are looking forward to right now, but let's not forget this is also a year with new Half-Life, Doom, and Bloodlines games coming out. And there are plenty of smaller games worth being excited about too (shout-out to Boyfriend Dungeon and Get in the Car, Loser). We've got a list of the New games of 2020 of course, if you need a reminder.

Zoid

Community Contributor
Kerbal Space Program 2!

Kerbal Space Program 2!

Kerbal!
Space Program!
2!

I cannot overstate the joy that KSP has brought me, and I cannot wait to take flight (and promptly explode) in KSP 2. It is my most anticipated game of 2020, hands down. Head and shoulders above Cyberpunk.

Reactions: McStabStab
Cyberpunk 2077.

If i'm not thinking about Cyberpunk 2077 it would be Dying light 2, the masterchief collection, psychonauts 2 or Bloodline 2. There so many games that i want in 2020. When i'm not thinking about other games, i'm thinking about Cyberpunk 2077. In fact i'll prioritize all other 2020 games for cyberpunk 2077. Did i say i'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077?

Reactions: Krud and McStabStab

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I'm waiting for Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms. It's an indie RPG developed by a small Italian studio called Gamera Interactive. The game combines classic, isometric experience with soulslike combat system. It's worth mentioning that Chris Avellone is involved in its development process. We can expect a good story and very interesting battles.

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Cyberpunk 2077. I’m actually glad it got delayed because that gives me some more room to think about procuring a new PC to experience it.

But if I had a VR rig, then it would probably be Half Life: Alyx and/or the new Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners.

Reactions: Krud

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
I'm waiting for Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms. It's an indie RPG developed by a small Italian studio called Gamera Interactive. The game combines classic, isometric experience with soulslike combat system. It's worth mentioning that Chris Avellone is involved in its development process. We can expect a good story and very interesting battles.
Added to my wishlist, thanks!

Reactions: Sarafan and Judge
The only game I've been looking forward to for the past three years is Cyberpunk 2077. I was frustrated when it got delayed, but as many have said before me, better late than buggy. (Now if it shows up late AND buggy, then a conversation needs to be had...)

Honorable mention goes to Bloodlines 2, as I'm not entirely convinced it's the game I'm hoping it will be, but I hope to be proven wrong in my skepticism.

Reactions: EazeeOne23

SWard

Supergirl
Staff member
I think a lot of the issue with White Wolf Game IP's is its incredibly hard to live up to the fantasy and feeling of playing the RPG's. It's impossible to get that much depth and immersion...

Still I think it looks like a great justice to the IP, and I hope the whole community around it grows :)

Cyberpunk 2077 is the game I look most forward to. Aside from that, I really look forward to 12 Minutes. It was a game that was shown at E3 last year, and it looks it brings something different to the table.

Feb 8, 2020
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the Final Fantasy 7 remake as I never got to play it as a kid and it looks really fun, graphically appealing and I've heard it's awesome!

TRENDING THREADS