USB Keyboard volume not working

Mar 15, 2022
Visit site
I just Set up my Pre-built gaming desktop last night and i got a keyboard that plugs into USB slot and i noticed that i cannot control the volume up, down or mute without going down into the whole volume icon in the task bar and makes it hard to control volume in game without exiting full-screen. on my previous laptop it was nice because i could control volume with the buttons on keyboard. but now with a desktop USB keyboard i'm unsure how to get it to work. i'm running on windows 11 currently. if anyone knows how to fix this help would be appreciated.

If current USB slot is on front of machine, try one at back of machine. That's always worth a shot, USB slots at back are often 'better' than those on front—probably because they plug directly into motherboard.

Of course, if you have another free front port, try that too—USB ports have a tendency to be frail.

Reactions: Lutfij
Mar 15, 2022
Visit site
If current USB slot is on front of machine, try one at back of machine. That's always worth a shot, USB slots at back are often 'better' than those on front—probably because they plug directly into motherboard.

Of course, if you have another free front port, try that too—USB ports have a tendency to be frail.
Well i ruined it even more. I plugged it into different slots and it did nothing. I watched youtube video and someone said to go into task manager and see under keyboard for drivers, i uninstalled 2 of them and now my keyboard doesn’t work at all. My keyboard said HID keyboard. There were 3 and now 1, now i can’t login into my windows password and ease of access doesn’t work just freezes my screen. So i think now i have to go get different keyboard.

Pro tip: don't use YouTube videos for solutions. No guarantees they don't edit steps out or even lie about what video lets you achieve. I seen videos where they pretend its just a matter of changing some settings in windows to get free memory. By selectively showing screens that agree with their results.

I wonder if system restore would fix it. (note: this may not work as I haven't tried it in a few years)

turn PC on, when you get to logon screen, turn it off again
if you do this 3 times windows should go into a menu on startup and say its unable to start, and try to repair itself
at end it should offer options.
choose them, it should put you in blue menu - this is windows recovery
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore
pick a date prior to deleting drivers
PC should restart and kb should work now.

Still need to know who made keyboard as its possible a driver update would enable volume button.

TRENDING THREADS