PCG Article This Humble Bundle is absolutely essential for adventure game fans

13 Wadjet Eye games for £8 is a ludicrously good deal.

Q: What's the difference between a pound and a dollar?

A: No way I'm putting the rest of that joke on here.

Anywho, these are the games in the bundle:

• All five Blackwell games
  • Unavowed
  • Strangeland
  • Primordia
  • Shardlight
  • Technobabylon
  • Resonance
  • Gemini Rue
  • The Shivah

I've played most of them. Pretty good. Not too many. Not too many puzzles where you would have to try sticking an 8 track tape into a dead cat in order to hear a message. They are mostly logical.

Personally, I bought the Music Creator's Bundle. I'm not sure why. It just seemed like a good plan.

Do you really think you'll ever clear your backlogs?
It depends what "clear" means ;)

Goal is to end up with a Replay List, so touch each game and decide Yay or Nay, or a few Maybes which need a deeper look. I've already got thru Steam, and hidden 6-700 to leave 128 still in view, and ~20 downloaded to play-and-see. So I expect to clear that this year easily enough.

BigFish will be easy to clear, even with 564 games there—there are only 4 must-replays there. I'll need to skim the list sometime to pick out the few to put on the worth-another-go-sometime list, but that would be very quick.

Ubisoft and Origin are already well cleared—only a few dozen between them, which I know well.

GOG will take time, but I expect I won't salvage too much from the 934 they tell me I have. I'm less inclined towards older games these days, and seem to have gone off some genres too like puzzle and adventure. So probably a few dozen absolute gems there at most.

Epic I'm not concerned about now—I've grabbed most of their freebies, which at a guess also have a few dozen I'll look at.

Main reason I'll probably clear this lot eventually is I've stopped buying 'sometime' games, and only buy definite 'play and likely replay' games. Apart from that, freebies are all which add to the backlog.

Then again, I'm not worried about it. I'd like not to miss a good game currently hiding in the long grass, that's the main motivation.

Those are the only 2 I don't have already on GOG. But I've only played Gemini Rue and the Blackwells—and those were great btw, so go for it if you're tempted—got some catching up to do.

Thanks for the reminder I have a big GOG backlog to process after I clean the Steam one :(
Not sure if you were directing that at me, but I think I own them all, and I think the only one I haven't played at all is The Shivah. Finished most of them. The one that sticks out that I didn't complete was Technobabylon, and I was really enjoying it. Not sure why I quit.

It depends what "clear" means ;)

Goal is to end up with a Replay List, so touch each game and decide Yay or Nay, or a few Maybes which need a deeper look. I've already got thru Steam, and hidden 6-700 to leave 128 still in view, and ~20 downloaded to play-and-see. So I expect to clear that this year easily enough.
I'm not worried about my backlog. I just play whatever I'm in the mood for. I do need to review what I own, though. Twice recently I was somewhere else online and got interested in a game, looked it up on Steam, and it was already in my library.

Not sure if you were directing that at me
Oh no, just using your post to corral the 2 I hadn't played :)

already in my library
Yeah, I got too many libraries going, so Galaxy is on my second monitor if I'm ever exploring Wishlist additions. Wish other stores had an Ignore button like Steam does, that's a very user friendly feature.

Main reason I'll probably clear this lot eventually is I've stopped buying 'sometime' games, and only buy definite 'play and likely replay' games. Apart from that, freebies are all which add to the backlog.
My problem is that it takes me two or three months to play one game. So there's no way I'm ever getting through my backlog. I don't even look at it as a backlog; I look at it as a library of games I can play if I ever want. I've amassed so many freebies and sales that I'll never play them all, and I just don't have time to play things that make me miserable. Which is why I'll probably even ditch Cyberpunk, even though I paid $30 for it. Sucks, but I'm not going to put myself through something that is a chore to me, when it's meant to be amusement. But that's just me, mainly because I'm so slow at gaming, and I have a hard time playing more than one game at a time.

But I've done what you said the past couple of years. I only get games I think I'll play, even the free ones.

TRENDING THREADS