Feature The PC Gamer Folding@home Team (Team 241865)

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Quite a while, that seems to be normal at the moment. I've seen the stats take over a day to update.

The work units and points do all seem to get through, it just takes a while to update. Feels like chess by post or something :)

Reactions: JSimenhoff
I'll give it a while and see then. Sometimes it updated immediately but I had 3 units last night and two this morning havent shown up. And I swear I've more that for some reason havent appeared. Just wondering whether they were corrupted or unable to upload if the servers are under pressure. I guess if no one else is getting that its more likely just me being impatient :)

The log in the Advanced Control confirms when it's been sent with no error. I expect everything is sending with no error, the stats servers have just been overwhelmed and they're a lower priority to be fixed. Mine take ages to show up, so I've taken to just inspecting it once per day to see what, if any, change there has been

Apr 8, 2020
Visit site
Is it possible to edit the name of the team?

That's a bizarre question, but it bugs me for reasons unknown that the team is titled "PC Gamer ", with an unnecessary space at the end. It doesn't affect much, but the typo is visible in the F@H web control page and it makes the team harder to search for in the teams scoreboard.

Obviously not a priority issue but it bugs me enough to mention.

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
Is it possible to edit the name of the team?

That's a bizarre question, but it bugs me for reasons unknown that the team is titled "PC Gamer ", with an unnecessary space at the end. It doesn't affect much, but the typo is visible in the F@H web control page and it makes the team harder to search for in the teams scoreboard.

Obviously not a priority issue but it bugs me enough to mention.
I think we should be able to, but what or where is the typo? There is no space after "Gamer".

I was going to suggest that was just the web control being buggy, but looking at images of the control page for other teams, I don't see the extra gap. Gap also present in both (old) Edge and Iron Browser (Chrome). Weird.

Interesting tidbit - PC Gamer's folding team is in the top 100 teams for points production if I'm reading this right

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
Huh, I still see the extra space on my web control page (screenshot below):

View: https://imgur.com/a/3yyb6tp

But I'm able to search for the team just fine without it, even set to the exact spelling search. Bah, this "problem" never really mattered anyway, it's fine as it is.
I see 👀 It wasn't present on the official stats page. I will work on fixing this, thanks for pointing it out.

Reactions: Oussebon
Great stuff!

Sadly left the PC unattended overnight + morning to find it experienced a work unit drought again. But got some after I sat there restating Folding for 10 minutes, on both GPUs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@is_died If you're the folder I think you are on the PC Gamer team list, I just want to say I love the contrast in the user name between forums and folding :D

Seems appropriate for the current spring festival theme too!

Reactions: JSimenhoff
It's got better, but still a bit inconsistent at least for me. Went through 6 smaller GPU WUs myself overnight. The night before it only picked up one and couldn't get any more for 6-7 hours.
Same sort of experience here

Not sure that it's the work units per se as much as the servers' abilities to hand out and collect, though they have had a big boost to their infrastructure too, hence why it's mostly been better of late.

TRENDING THREADS