The Herman Miller Sayl Chair - adjustable rests?

Dec 18, 2021
Visit site
Does anyone know or use the Sayl gaming chair?

This is the archetype I have. https://store.hermanmiller.com/gaming-chairs/sayl-gaming-chair/2521928.html?lang=en_US

It looks nearly identical however on the arm rests, it lacks a crucial feature, where they're nonadjustable. There is no tab on the outside of the rests to allow the rests to be adjusted up and down. Mine is a different version that I can't find online right now hence why it lacks that feature.

If it helps here's an actual video demonstration just so you can see the 3D.
youtu.be/watch?v=gY50oDaSnWo

Okay the problem is, is that despite the fact that mine simply aren't adjustable in ANY WAY, they are off in height. I don't know how. Don't know if I smashed one side too hard or something but it's just lower. I don't know how I'm going to fix this. Anyone use gaming chairs like these or maybe do you know any guides or ways I can ask about this lol?

I can feel a bit of a slightly loose but locked-in cylinder at the bottom of the arm rest, and I think it's to stop the arm rests from bottoming out. But I don't know how to do anything with that either.

Lastly, been using this chair for a while to help save my back, but all I've been having is awkward sitting and lower back pain issues around a series of lower spine discs. I thought this is supposed to be better but definitely having pain from sitting down. Anyone else also share this problem? When I sit on my piano chair, I kid you not it feels better. Just me..?
(Basically i can't slouch without slouching properly, but I can't really sit upright either and the chair puts a shitton of pressure on a lower section of my spine.)

Last edited:
If you have posture issues, then the pains creep up on you over time. I had a similar issue with a mattress. Turns out my weight caused an indentation in the mattress. Wasn't until I flipped it over to notice my neck pain, lower back pain and my posture was all rectified.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS