the game mafia 3 look very bad can u halp me plaes?

Alas not all the replies here will be helpful

Which of these CPU?
8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8750H
8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8300H
GPU - 1050TI
how much ram?
how big ssd? got hdd as well?
Display - 17" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS 60 Hz/144 Hz w/ optional G-SYNC™

CPU is fine for game
your GPU just below recommended
4 GB of Video Memory and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or GeForce GTX 1060, AMD Radeon R9 290X

have you got latest Nvidia gpu drivers?

In the just-published and hotly anticipated game Mafia III players have already begun to meet some of the problems. The graphics in this game somehow incredibly blurry. To fix the blurry graphics in Mafia 3, do the following settings in the Nvidia Control Panel:

• Go to Manage 3D settings. Set the desired degree of DSR. Thus you will be able to set a higher resolution in the game, and it will make the picture clearer.
  • Smoothness of DSR select no more than 35-40%
  • Put 16x anisotropic filtering.
Then make the following settings in the game:

• Turn off depth of field.
  • Turn off motion blur.
  • Put anti-aliasing to a low value.
link

That game has a horrible graphics filter applied to it that affects colors, imparts a fair amount of blur, and even adversely affects performance. It's a bit like the filter Tango Studios used on The Evil Within. Fortunately there's an excellent mod to remove the effect by someone whom goes by the name NyClix. There's also commands that can be used to remove the filter in TEW as well if you happen to play that game.

The video below shows where to get the NyClix mod and how to install it. Unfortunately, in my experience, the latest updates of the game present an even worse problem, being more artifacting throughout the game. It's not caused by the mod either, because some artifacting was there before the mod was even made.

Mafia 3 ended up being a love/hate affair for me. It's a great game in concept, but Hangar 13 did a horrible job on the technical end. I'd go as far to say it affected Hangar 13's reputation so badly, they may never recover from it. And that's coming from someone whom thoroughly enjoyed the game until the final patches made it much worse.

As far as your spec goes, you're right in between Minimum and Recommended spec with the 1050 Ti (which amazingly is only 1% slower than the desktop version), but closer to Min spec (roughly 40% away from Minimum, 70% away from Recommended) . The CPU is about equal to the recommended i7-3770 in speed. Thus you may have to be careful with some settings, even WITH the mod, which I found boosts performance slightly. My guess is setting a few of the more resource hungry settings to Med vs High should be about right if you want to maintain 60 FPS.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS