The Best PC Games Right now (Another forum thread for another broken Disqus widget)

Here we go again with another broken Disqus widget for a rather recent article. As far as new games are concerned, what sort brand spanking new releases have you picked up and/or currently playing right now?

Don't think i'll be participating in this discussion since the most recent game release that I bought is Super Robot Wars 30 and my playtime is... a bit lacking for the time being. I will say though that PC Gamer Magazine's shilling of Chivalry 2 does make me feel a little bad for not picking that game up out of frustration towards Bannerlord's archer spam like it's a 2009 tacticool shooter with a medieval skin.

I think what is happening with the broken chats is that the writers of articles tend to reuse old article links, and those in turn link to closed chats as they are from a year or more ago. If you can see the comments on that article, they are from a year ago and its locked. So its not broken, it just can't open the comments for you as you don't have the right access.

The same thing happens on other Future forums, the writing team will use an old link and then someone will comment to us about it, and we (mods) will find it. The people using the link are Staff.

I don't think they should but I just a volunteer here, I can't change it.

Just add comments here since you can :)

Yeah, they need to be aware of what is happening and make sure to unlock the chats if that's how they need to do article URLs.
if they going to reuse url they should be creating a new comments chain for that new article. I don't know how it works but currently its not ideal.
Same thing happens on Tom's Hardware but there its not a Disqus post, they make a post with a link to article/news and we have a necro policy where anything older than 3 months gets closed. Articles/reviews are different but many end up locked due to being spammed or disagreements between posters.

Why they aren't linked in here as well as a Disqus? I don't know, they might have a big user base on Disqus and choose to keep it that way. Maybe they wanted to see how successful forums were before putting everything on here. If we had more regular long term users, then maybe they would have by now.

They have said you can recreate and link posts in here to their articles, so until they make a change we should just keep doing that, to any that are interesting tp you :)

Why they aren't linked in here as well as a Disqus? I don't know, they might have a big user base on Disqus and choose to keep it that way. Maybe they wanted to see how successful forums were before putting everything on here. If we had more regular long term users, then maybe they would have by now.
Yeah, if they linked things here, too, that would probably be helpful. But like I said earlier, I often read articles online from a ton of web sites. I already have a Disqus account set up, but I'm only actively involved with 3 forums. I don't really want to set up a different forum account for every random article I read online.

Honestly, I don't really care about this nearly as much as it might seem from my posts in this thread. I was just chiming in pointing out that I understand why someone would be frustrated about something like that.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS