Question The Ant Bully.exe "Your operating system does not meet the minimum requiremnts to run this application

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
I have recently gotten the Ant Bully for my Windows 11 computer. Everything was going well at first. I began the installation process of disk 1, and as the program needed disk 2, I entered the path directory of where the pre-installed disk 2 was located to complete the process. I was then informed on the games window screen that I had to install protection drivers, so I did, which required me to reboot my computer (where I select yes to restart now).

I logged in, saw the game shortcut icon was already now on my desktop, double-clicked it, and the games menu windows popped up. The first option in the list was Play Game, so I clicked on that, and got this message saying, "Your operating system does not meet the minimum requirements to run this application." I clicked on Run Diagnostic, an option which the game gives, to figure out why my system does not meet the requirements.

It ran a diagnostic scan and came back with an error report of "Error 3002," and then pointed me to a link of errors and explaining them; however, my error of 3002 was not included. While continuing to read the link, I saw it does include down at the bottom an option for if your error is not provided. It was a url link of something called SF FrontLine Drivers FAQ. I clicked on it and it took me to a login page of a website called StarForce.

After browsing the website, I could not find an option to register, so I went back to the login screen to see if i missed something. I saw a button option for technical support, on the right top edge corner of the website. I clicked on it and it redirected me to a different page of the website where a contact forum for technical support was provided to fill out instead. I clicked on this option button called SFhelper. Thatt redirected me to another page about this programmer of SFhelper.

Apparently it's a program that helps navigate the cause as to why the application with Starforce-related components will not work. I ran the installation, ant bully.exe, in my programs files of my computer and it came back with the same error that my system does not meet the requirements to play the game.

I don't know what to do to get my game to run on Windows 11x64. I don't know why the program said Windows 10 when I'm a windows 11, but anyway, if anyone can help on how I can run this game from its old protection drivers on a Windows 11x64 computer, it would be very helpful and much appreciated

(Mod edit) Following is advice received from Star Force :

Unfortunately, this application uses very old protection version 4.00.010.004 and will not run under Windows 10 x64.

You can read about support of Windows 10 x64 here: http://www.star-force.com/support/users/

You should contact your product customer support service and ask them to make a patch, which will either update protection system version or remove protection at all.
Unfortunately, StarForce company can't build such a patch since we neither have legal authority to produce any patches nor original application files required for that.

Please, accept our apologies for the inconveniences.

If after installation of the protected application there is a message about incompatibility of the protection system driver after OS start up then in order to solve it you can uninstall StarForce driver.

But note that if the protected application requires the StarForce driver, this driver will be reinstalled as soon as you launch the application again.

The following procedure will ensure that all StarForce related components are completely removed from your system.

1. Download the SFREMOVE tool as a ZIP archive: http://www.star-force.com/support/sfdrvrem.zip
2. Extract and store sfdrvrem.exe anywhere on your hard disk.
3. Run sfdrvrem.exe.

[Mod edit: added paragraph breaks for readability.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems the game is too old to run on Windows 10

Looks like it's the StarForce DRM which is the problem rather than the game. @MolecularFae Try running the game under Windows XP in Compatibility Mode, but that almost definitely won't work.

If there's a fix for a game, this site below usually has it—but they say it won't work on recent Windows versions.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
"Your operating system does not meet the minimum requirements to run this application."
A game from 2006 (approx) has no idea what windows 11 is. Its too old. So it would say that. It probably lacks any way to actually see what you do have.

Appears its more trouble than its worth:

You should contact your product customer support service and ask them to make a patch, which will either update protection system version or remove protection at all.
Unfortunately, StarForce company can't build such a patch since we neither have legal authority to produce any patches nor original application files required for that.

Please, accept our apologies for the inconveniences.

So they are saying the games company needs to fix it. That is totally not going to happen for a game from 2006.

That is their advice for almost every version of windows, either use the zip file or get game maker to patch their game. It all depends which version of protection is used.

You may not be able to play it. Not on Windows 10/11 anyway.

Its amazing its on sale still. I see it on Amazon but its an XP game. I realise people will sell anything but its a trap.
I used to work at a 2nd hand store and they had games almost as old as this.
software gets outdated. So do peoples knowledge of what will work. They keep trying to sell anything... why even accept it? need to have some sense of what is current...

can play it online? its the game boy version. Easier to find the Nintendo versions.

Another answer is set up a virtual machine and install an older copy of windows on it, and then install game on it.
Do you have any older versions of windows?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Last edited:
Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
A game from 2006 (approx) has no idea what windows 11 is. Its too old. So it would say that. It probably lacks any way to actually see what you do have.

Appears its more trouble than its worth:

So they are saying the games company needs to fix it. That is totally not going to happen for a game from 2006.

That is their advice for almost every version of windows, either use the zip file or get game maker to patch their game. It all depends which version of protection is used.

You may not be able to play it. Not on Windows 10/11 anyway.

Its amazing its on sale still. I see it on Amazon but its an XP game. I realise people will sell anything but its a trap.
I used to work at a 2nd hand store and they had games almost as old as this.
software gets outdated. So do peoples knowledge of what will work. They keep trying to sell anything... why even accept it? need to have some sense of what is current...

can play it online? its the game boy version. Easier to find the Nintendo versions.

Another answer is set up a virtual machine and install an older copy of windows on it, and then install game on it.
Do you have any older versions of windows?
do you know where i can find instructions on how to set up a virutal machine and do you know where i can find a digital copy of windows xp?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
XP has been obsolete and unsupported for many years. They will not give to you.

You might find on eBay, but you need more than the installation media. You also need a legit product key.

A word of caution, there are tons of sites that say they can provide to you. Often with malware.

but i dont understand they always help me of making sure i have a installation media of windows 10 or windows 11?
Windows 10 & 11 installers are the free part, the licence is what costs money. SO microsoft happily provide that.

I doubt he needs XP, its a game from 2006. Windows 7 would do, still need to have a copy and license though. Not sure if you can still buy Windows 7?

His version of the DRM should work in windows 7. it just might need an update:
3.07.018 – 5.0
It will work under Windows 7 after driver update.

In case of having difficulties with application launching, you should update driver using SFUPDATE utility or get a patch from an application publisher to make a version of protection system higher.

Why do you need to play this game?

I suspect the drm is probably in the download versions, Brian

do you know where i can find instructions on how to set up a virtual machine
How to install win 7 on a vm

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS