Question What would make the game not run smoother

Jul 12, 2023
Visit site
I am sure there are pages and pages on this topic, or maybe it's my eyes. But I see videos of gamers playing the same games as I am, but their gaming just runs so smoothly. As for mine, I can see a slight chop. I even reset my PC to see if it was an app causing this. My games run at 60FPS+ but it is not smooth at all.

Asus 3080TI (Water cooled)
Ryzen 9 9300X (Water cooled)
Windows 10 pro
Asus ROG x570 Crosshair Hero VIII
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB
Samsun 980 PRO 2TB
31.5" 4k Monitor freesync HDR
EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W p2 80+ Platinum fully Modular

In the video, you can see how the transition is not smooth and doesn't meld well together.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023
Visit site
It seems like you have a powerful gaming setup, so it's understandable that you expect smooth gameplay. There could be a few reasons why you're experiencing slight choppiness in your games, even with high FPS. Let's explore some potential solutions:

1. Graphics Settings: Check the in-game graphics settings of the games you're playing. Make sure they are optimized for your hardware. Sometimes, certain graphical features or high resolutions can put a strain on your system and cause stuttering.
  2. Driver Updates: Ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Visit the NVIDIA website and download the latest drivers for your GeForce RTX 3080 Ti.
  3. Overheating: Monitor your system's temperatures while gaming. High temperatures can lead to throttling and performance issues. Even though you have water cooling, check that all cooling components are working correctly, and there's proper airflow within your PC case.
  4. Background Applications: Close any unnecessary background applications that may be using system resources. Check the task manager to see if any processes are consuming significant CPU or RAM.
  5. Windows Updates: Make sure your Windows 10 Pro is up to date with the latest patches and updates. Sometimes, system updates can improve overall performance.
  6. Game Patches: Check if the games you're playing have any available updates or patches. Developers often release performance improvements and bug fixes.
  7. Game Mode and Game Bar: In Windows 10, there are built-in features like "Game Mode" and "Game Bar." Try disabling these features to see if they make a difference.
  8. V-Sync and G-Sync/Freesync: Experiment with enabling or disabling V-Sync and G-Sync/Freesync in your games' settings. These features can sometimes cause issues, depending on the game and hardware configuration.
  9. Power Settings: Ensure your power plan is set to "High Performance" in Windows to allow your components to run at their full potential.
I will go in full scope of doing this.

Side note question. Can a Hz of a monitor effect the choppiness?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts