Question Texture Bug

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
The textures don't load. I've tried different game settings and the drivers are up to date. I contacted support almost a month ago and so far there has not been any reply. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: only having this problem with horizon zero dawn.

Specs:
Core i5-9400F
16 GB RAM
Gigabyte RX 470

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AGp70cwoLZ_L8DuMeVhbNW3KlYXWocTz/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
What settings do you have the game at? / What settings have you tried specifically?

Is the game on an SSD or HDD?

What is the model of the drive the game is on? if you don't know, you can use Speccy

How full is the drive the game is on?

Which version of the Radeon drivers are you using?

Before doing anything, you could try repairing the game files. If it's the Steam version, see:

This may take a while and your PC could be slow while it does it as there'll be a lot of disk activity going on.

See if that helps.

If that doesn't help, one possibility is that running the game off a relatively slow drive (HDD) that is also very full is causing an issue with loading the textures.

if you have an SSD, try to juggle things around so you have space to put HZD on the SSD.

Either way, try to make sure there is plenty of free space left on the drive with the game.

If it's an HDD, defragment it using Windows' built in tool.

Also try to close any unnecessary programs that might be running in the background / starting up at launch.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Did the integrity check, all files are ok. The HDD is not fragmented and running the game on ssd made no difference apart from faster load times.

I also tested the game on another PC (Core i3 8100 , RX 580, 16 GB RAM, HDD) and the game is running fine on it.

Comparing the game on two different PC's is difficult
First off they are using different GPU's. Second you haven't said what resolution you are running on both PC's. Are you absolutely sure that the resolution is the same on both PC's. Also are you using the same monitor. If not is the native resolution of each the same?

For now the following is a bit of a long shot. Try altering the settings.

Have a look at

You can see that Textures and Model Quality do not have that much impact.

Traditionally shadows had more impact in games but it seems that in this case Clouds and Refection's have a much bigger impact. So turn those down to the lowest quality and try turning the Texture and Model Quality higher.

Horizon Zero Dawn has an in game performance test which you can use to ensure that your FPS is high enough.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Comparing the game on two different PC's is difficult
First off they are using different GPU's. Second you haven't said what resolution you are running on both PC's. Are you absolutely sure that the resolution is the same on both PC's. Also are you using the same monitor. If not is the native resolution of each the same?

For now the following is a bit of a long shot. Try altering the settings.

Have a look at

You can see that Textures and Model Quality do not have that much impact.

Traditionally shadows had more impact in games but it seems that in this case Clouds and Refection's have a much bigger impact. So turn those down to the lowest quality and try turning the Texture and Model Quality higher.

Horizon Zero Dawn has an in game performance test which you can use to ensure that your FPS is high enough.
Both monitors have the same native resolution and the game was running on the same resolution. I even set everything on low to test but it does not work.

TRENDING THREADS