Temperatures

In general 78 degrees is fine for a CPU under a torture test. It's a perfectly safe temperature.

It's impossible to say whether it's a 'good' temperature without knowing what PC case and CPU cooler you're using.

And without knowing how old the system is (when it was last repasted), whether it's had dust cleaned out, etc. And what your ambient temperatures are like.

I assume the CPU is not overclocked (?).

So 78 degrees is safe for a load test, but it's possible your CPU is meant to run cooler. Or maybe 78 is a great temp for your system :)

35 degrees idle is pretty healthy.

May 6, 2020
Visit site
hello, i just benchmarked my computer and i've got this temperatures, can you tell me if they are fine or not ? and when the temperature are too high ?
In general 78 degrees is fine for a CPU under a torture test. It's a perfectly safe temperature.

It's impossible to say whether it's a 'good' temperature without knowing what PC case and CPU cooler you're using.

And without knowing how old the system is (when it was last repasted), whether it's had dust cleaned out, etc. And what your ambient temperatures are like.

I assume the CPU is not overclocked (?).

So 78 degrees is safe for a load test, but it's possible your CPU is meant to run cooler. Or maybe 78 is a great temp for your system

35 degrees idle is pretty healthy.
thank you for the reply :)
the last repast is 3 years old (from the moment that it assembled it), and it's not overclocked. What about the gpu temps ?

Zoid

Community Contributor
thank you for the reply
the last repast is 3 years old (from the moment that it assembled it), and it's not overclocked. What about the gpu temps ?
It looks like your screenshot is showing a 40C GPU temp? Is that what you're talking about? Was that a stress test?

Your GPU has a max operating temperature of 94C, which is about the same as the max temp for most CPUs and GPUs on the market right now. As a general guide, here's how you can look at the temps you're seeing for either your CPU or GPU:

Degrees CGeneral Meaning of Given Temp
< 40Ambient, normal for idle
40 - 50Warming up, normal for light workloads
50 - 60Warm, normal for medium workloads
60 - 70Getting hot, normal for heavy workloads / gaming
70 - 80Very hot, normal for 100% workloads / heavy gaming / torture testing
80 - 90Extremely hot, avoid running at these temps for extended periods of time, and consider upgrading your cooling
90 +Dangerous, shut down immediately and upgrade your cooling

Of course, it's always nice to have temps as low as possible, but the chart above is about what to expect from gaming-focused hardware using stock cooling solutions.

Reactions: Oussebon
May 6, 2020
Visit site
It looks like your screenshot is showing a 40C GPU temp? Is that what you're talking about? Was that a stress test?

Your GPU has a max operating temperature of 94C, which is about the same as the max temp for most CPUs and GPUs on the market right now. As a general guide, here's how you can look at the temps you're seeing for either your CPU or GPU:

Degrees CGeneral Meaning of Given Temp
< 40Ambient, normal for idle
40 - 50Warming up, normal for light workloads
50 - 60Warm, normal for medium workloads
60 - 70Getting hot, normal for heavy workloads / gaming
70 - 80Very hot, normal for 100% workloads / heavy gaming / torture testing
80 - 90Extremely hot, avoid running at these temps for extended periods of time, and consider upgrading your cooling
90 +Dangerous, shut down immediately and upgrade your cooling

Of course, it's always nice to have temps as low as possible, but the chart above is about what to expect from gaming-focused hardware using stock cooling solutions.
while stressed the gpu reached 68 or 70 degrees. Now i'm playing dead by daylight on medium graphics and the gpu is at 61. I'm so nervous because i don't know if those temps are normal..... i installed this new GPU today

Yes. those temps are very normal for gaming load, and well within the GPU's tolerance.

Also there's no point bumping the topic every 2 minutes :) People will reply when they have time to reply. If they don't have time to reply, bumping won't increase the amount of time available to them :p

Reactions: Zoid
May 6, 2020
Visit site
Yes. those temps are very normal for gaming load, and well within the GPU's tolerance.

Also there's no point bumping the topic every 2 minutes People will reply when they have time to reply. If they don't have time to reply, bumping won't increase the amount of time available to them
thank you !!

Reactions: Oussebon

TRENDING THREADS