Suggestions for $200 or less audio headphones (not gaming branded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
I've been using a pair of Sony MDR-V600 studio monitor headphones for the last 15-20 years and one side has broken. So does anyone have a good suggestion for a pair of closed back (because I will use them in a room with other people) headphones that are $200 or less? The only suggestion I've gotten so far was for Audio-Technica ATH-M50x.

I tried out the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Headset two years back. I did not buy it (ended up with Hyper X Cloud v2) because I felt the headset to be a bit too heavy on my head/neck. That said, I was actually quite surprised as to how good the sound quality was when playing a couple of tunes. I'd say the sound you get for the cost is pretty good, but of course, do check out a review or two from someone way more competent than I am to be sure you get what you want.

Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
I actually looked up one of their models, because someone in the PC Gamer best headsets article comments mentioned it. I think it was closer to $300. I couldn't find any info on what they're made of because that place where the ear cup attaches to the headband looks really spindly. Is it metal? That's exactly where my current headphones broke so now one cup won't sit right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS