Starting Games—Ubisoft Connect = Grr!

Just spent ~5 minutes trying to launch Far Cry 5—I'm in mid-game, so not a new launch.

It's been a feature over the past few weeks that about half the time, Ubisoft Connect will screw up the launch.
Ubi: Server problem, can't go online;
Me: No problem, just launch the game;
Ubi: Not so fast, who are you?
Me: 🥴
Ubi: You have 2-step authentication enabled…
Me: Launches email, gets code, pastes it in;
Ubi: Tick the 'This is a trusted device, so we don't bother you with this again' box;
Me: Yeah right, like I haven't done this 10 times already this month—ticks box anyway;
Ubi: Attaboy, thank you for playing this game, now here's the game you actually wanted to play a few minutes ago—hope you haven't forgotten about it;
Me: Damn, I love Steam!

I remember having similar dances with Uplay in the past, never a reliable experience. How about you?

Anyone know a way to sideline Ubi Connect for their games bought thru Steam?
Or is there a better performance if bought from Ubi store directly?

Just spent ~5 minutes trying to launch Far Cry 5—I'm in mid-game, so not a new launch.

Anyone know a way to sideline Ubi Connect for their games bought thru Steam?
Or is there a better performance if bought from Ubi store directly?

Try opening up Ubisoft Connect and clicking on your username in the top right corner. Then look towards the bottom and select "Go Offline". Then always launch your games from Ubisoft instead of Steam. (Note: I've never actually done this because I don't have any problems with Ubi Connect, but it seems like it would work. I don't think they actually require you to be online to play)

The other thing is that you may want to go check out This Article on Ubi connection problems.

Reactions: Pifanjr

Zloth

Community Contributor
That reminds me, I need to uninstall Watchdogs Legion.

OK, did it via Connect. But did I fully uninstall it? I really doubt it. It put some sort of special anti-cheat software in (for that multiplayer feature I never wanted to touch) that I bet is still hanging around on my system.

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS